How To Tell If I Have Damaged My Stylus

georges

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mike

Same Thing Has Happened To MyStylus By Lowering The Arm With The Q Lever In The Down Position , Heavy Handed I Guess.

Checked The Stylus, It Seemed Ok But Now I Have Very Poor Bottom End And A Bright Sound. Also Low Volume Which At

About 30 Before Hand Now Its Up To 50 Or More. So Its Possible That The Stylus Is Damaged? Funds Are Low At The Moment

But Looks Like A New Cartridge.

System. Linn Lp12/Ekos/Arkiv. Kairn Pre Amp/Klout Lingo PSU Linn Phono Amp.Kaber L/S

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Have you checked the connection wires, this seems a little strange to me as i have done this a couple of times with no deterioration in sound, is your cartridge due for a retip, how old is it. It might be an idea to take it to your nearest Linn dealer for an inspection, the same answer goes to Mike as well but in your case a Rega dealer.

georges

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gregory

Thanks Your Info. The Arkiv Is Going On For 5 Years. My Linn Dealer Is Out Of Dublin, But I Can Get The Arkiv Checked In The UK

But It Seems The Sound Quality Is Poor. The Connection Wires Are Ok. The Joy Of HiFi Now It Looks Like My Tabs On The Key

Board Are Acting Up. Good Sunday

Thanks

George

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
thats what is going on with mine but only the top bottom and middle is missing with no volume and there is no way even as hard as i think i set it down was not too much harder than the manual lever anyway. odd

georges

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
It Looks Like The Arkiv Needs To Be Checked By Linn Dealer. Hope You Sort Out Your P3 Lets Know The Outcome.
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

"How To Tell If I Have Damaged My Stylus"

I damaged my stylus the other day, I was listening to Status Quo, then found myself in stonewash jeans! du-dum tshhhhhh

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts