how to Stream music through ipod touch?

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi there guys, iv recently purchased an ipod touch 5th gen and was wondering if i cud wirelessly play music through to my hifi system? if so wat is the cheapest way of doing so?

something to note is that my router is inside the house whilst my hifi system is external to the house in a converted garage, will this effect my connection options?

Thanks.

John Duncan

Hi there. Sounds like the easiest thing to use would be an Airport Express. You can use AirPlay to stream to it from an iPod Touch, and it can set up its own wireless network independent of the router in the house, so they wouldn't have to be connected. This would preclude you from being connected to the house network at the same time, but this might not be an issue for you.

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Right ok so where does the airport express need to be plugged into then? and how does it communicate with my stereo system, i get how it connects with the ipod through wifi but how does it then go through my stereo speakers?

tt_drj

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Airport Expresses have a 3.5mm minijack output which is a combined analogue / digital optical audio out. So if you have optical input on your amplifier you could use an optical connection, otherwise a 3.5mm jack to dual RCA cable to connect into the auxilliary input on a stereo amplifier.

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, so as i understand it the airport express will connect to my amp via an aux cable, it will then generate a wifi point in which my ipod touch will connect to and then i can control and play music through my ipod is that correct?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts