How to play hi-res music on your iPhone

Deep13

Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
I am using Fiio btr5 as usb dac on my ipad pro 2018 & Galaxy S9+. On ipad usb connection btr5 says 44.1khz and with Galaxy S9+ it says 384khz. I am tring to figure out how to enable ipad usb connection to stream music at 384khz. Using Tidal on both, playing the same song 'Mr Self Destruct' by 'Nine inch Nails' master quality audio album on tidal, btr5 with ipad says 88 khz and with galaxy s9+ says 192 khz, why is this difference?
Sound wise galaxy s9+ bass imact is less than ipad and sounds seems more clear and soothing on s9+ comparitively, both connected usb with btr5.
So i confused if usb connection is using only btr5's dac why is there difference sample rate?

kingu

Jun 8, 2020
Visit site
Just tested on my ipad pro 11" 2020, I can play FLAC files directly from the files app. Not the greatest experience, but it works.
The really nice thing is I could add the files directly using a flash drive instead of using itunes.

JamesH

Jun 11, 2020
Visit site
Hi I have read elsewhere that iOS 11 supports FLAC. Do you or anyone else know if this means that I can now play FLAC / high res music on Qobuz on my iPhone 7. Or do I need a new SE, or another new model iPhone? All the best, James. Good article wasn't it?

JennaChaplin

Dec 13, 2020
Visit site
This article needs updating. Big Sur does not have iTunes at all. So far, I have spent $16 on Onkyo HF and I can find no way to get anything into the HD folder and no way to transfer flac or anything else that isn't Apple format. I did convert a few flac files to aiff but when I synced they went into the iPod folder, not the HD folder even though the files are 96/24. Also, 'apps' no longer appears in the Finder sidebar and there is no 'file sharing' (other than 'family') either. Onkyo provide zero support so now I'm wondering if I can get my $ back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts