How to improve my current set up?

woromatt

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi there so I used to have an old set of Mission 770 speakers my dad handed down to me as a teenager. Recently I discovered that they had no highs or lows left and only had nice sounding mids. So I stored them away and got myself a pair of Focal 716V speakers that were on sale significantly. The rest of my setup is a Yamaha HTR 4063 and a Klipsch KW-100 subwoofer.

I use my system for movies, games, and music (this is primary use right now) and have a PS3, Apple TV, and two computers connected to the receiver (one with optical the other through HDMI). Where would you guys look into upgrading or adding to this system? My budget is going to be under 500$ for an upgrade/addition. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

woromatt

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Just was inexpensive at the time and I didn't know much about audio but am planning to move to stereo as I have no need for more than 2.1 channels. Looking to use the yamaha for video and either get an integrated amp for audio or a stereo receiver for the audio of all my devices.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Any recommendations you get on here will be very subjective. I would make a shortlist of contenders within your budget and maybe one a bit under and one a bit over and take your speakers out to a dealer and demo them. Only you know what sound you'll like.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Mission 770s back in the late 70s, so good to see them mentioned.

FWIW. I would hold fire until you can increase your budget a bit for the amp......maybe £700-£1000. Also budget something similar (or a little less) for the source (imo)......preferably a streamer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts