How to connect sky up in my conservatory?

Berts74

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi this is my first time on the forum so bare with me. I have sky hd in my bedroom and would like to connect this to a Panasonic smart tv in my conservatory. From reading other peoples questions i gather 2 cat 5 cables in between 2 baluns boxes is the way to do it. What I'm not sure about is

1: the baluns box in the conservatory I take it just has a hdmi cable out to the tv but the bedroom end where does the hdmi cable go? Is it back in to the sky box or do I have to get a hdmi splitter to split the original feed from the sky box to the bedroom tv?

2: to be able to change the cannel from the conservatory I have run a coaxial cable up with the cat 5 to use with a magic eye. Is it possible to wire this that the smart tv in the conservatory gets a feed from the digital arial on the roof that is connect in the sky box so the digital free view will work on the conservatory tv as well.

Hope this is not to confusing for you clever guys because it is for me cheers Dave .

daveh75

Berts74 said:
Hi this is my first time on the forum so bare with me. I have sky hd in my bedroom and would like to connect this to a Panasonic smart tv in my conservatory. From reading other peoples questions i gather 2 cat 5 cables in between 2 baluns boxes is the way to do it. What I'm not sure about is

1: the baluns box in the conservatory I take it just has a hdmi cable out to the tv

Yep. You just run hdmi from the output on the balun to an input on the tv.

but the bedroom end where does the hdmi cable go? Is it back in to the sky box or do I have to get a hdmi splitter to split the original feed from the sky box to the bedroom tv?

Yep. You'll need an HDMI splitter.

2: to be able to change the cannel from the conservatory I have run a coaxial cable up with the cat 5 to use with a magic eye. Is it possible to wire this that the smart tv in the conservatory gets a feed from the digital arial on the roof that is connect in the sky box so the digital free view will work on the conservatory tv as well.

Yep. If your terrestrial aeriel is connected to the sky box, it will pass through those signals via the rf outs on the Sky box

Berts74

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm back to report that the help with connecting my sky up to a second tv worked and I'm really pleased. Thanks to the guy that gave me the info. Defo use the forum again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts