How to Connect ( DVD &TV (HDMI) with non HDMI Onkyo HT

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the following components

· TV :panasonic 42PV7 Plasma ( HD ready with HDMI input)

· DVD :-Sony DVP-NS78H (with HDMI and Optical output)

· Home Theatre :-Onkyo HT-S770 - 6.1 channel (with Optical and coaxial input but without HDMI input)

I used to connect my DVD player and Home theatre thru Optical cable before buying the plasma TV.
Please advise on the following[/b]
1. What is the best way to hook all these three together for Audio and Video to watch movies

2. Whether I can connect DVD player and TV via HDMI cable (for Video) and still use audio optical cable for HT (for audio) at the same time to watch movies?

3. Can I use HDMI cable with my Onkyo receiver which does not have a HDMI port with some connector or something?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="gaurav013"]

I have the following components

£ TV :panasonic 42PV7 Plasma ( HD ready with HDMI input)

£ DVD :-Sony DVP-NS78H (with HDMI and Optical output)

£ Home Theatre :-Onkyo HT-S770 - 6.1 channel (with Optical and coaxial input but without HDMI input)

I used to connect my DVD player and Home theatre thru Optical cable before buying the plasma TV.
Please advise on the following[/b]

1. What is the best way to hook all these three together for Audio and Video to watch movies

2. Whether I can connect DVD player and TV via HDMI cable (for Video) and still use audio optical cable for HT (for audio) at the same time to watch movies?

3. Can I use HDMI cable with my Onkyo receiver which does not have a HDMI port with some connector or something?

[/quote] Hdmi from plasma to dvd player. Coaxial from dvd player (it has coaxial I have the same player) to home theatre system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts