How to connect an old PACE Sky Digibox to a Denon AVR 1911 AV receiver?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear all,

First post and I would appreciate some advice: I have recently changed my equipment that was mostly 8 years old. I have not kept up with the changes in types of connections. Over the last couple of days I bought a new system but I have problems in implementing some connections (that is because I cannot grasp the rationale of their existence on the first place! ).

Parts of my system relevant to this question:

TV: Samsung LED UE 40C6530UE; AV Receiver: Denon AVR 1911; Sky Digibox: PACE with TV Scart & Audio Out (No provision for Digital Cable Connection - optical or coaxial; however it has an RS 232 that I have no idea what purpose it serves).

I have already connected:

1) the Receiver and TV via an HDMI cable

2) the PACE Digibox and the TV via a SCART cable by using the SCART adaptor that came with the TV.

Question: Do I need to connect the Digibox to the AV Receiver via a phono cable starting from the PACE? Or do I need to do so somehow starting from the RS 232 of the PACE? And most importantly: why?

Many thanks for any contributions

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, with that box the best you're going to do is analogue audio from the Pace's 'audio out' to a line input on the receiver. The RS232 on the Pace is merely there for upgrades and diagnostics.

A

Anonymous

Dear Andrew,

That was an amazingly quick response- thank you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts