how much space for Proac studio 140 (Mk1)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A room is 16.5 x 13 feet large. Are these speakers to large or they may feet to a room of this size? What distance from the raer wall is needed in order to avoid boomy bas?

Best regards

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Like any speaker, the further away from a wall it is, the less it is affected by a room boundary, and will produce a more even bass response. How far will vary from speaker to speaker, and the room itself is also a factor. Some rooms, a speaker might need a couple of feet, in another, only half a foot. The good thing about the Studio 140.2's is that they're downward firing, so this helps quite a lot. I know someone who's using his D28's about half a foot from his solid rear wall, and the D28 isn't exactly bass light!

Do you have a solid floor, or is it a suspended floor? Is the wall behind where the speaker would go, a solid brick wall, or a stud/partition wall?

A

Anonymous

each wall is made of reinforced concret, including floor..

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Unless you have a lot of thick furnishings, your Walls and floor are going to reflect any bass energy back into the room. The ProAc's will probably deal with this a little better because of their porting arrangement. I'm afraid it'll be a case of trying it and see what happens.

A

Anonymous

thanks Frank.. the best way to figer it out is to demo thoes 140s at home, but demo room (second hand) is some 30-40% larger than mine...hard to get a real impression how less space would affect the sound quality.

A

Anonymous

ups, sorry David
smiley-laughing.gif

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have a pair of ProAc 130's in a room 13ft by 8ft with a false wall behind and a large picture window behind my listening position and I love the sound I get.

Sugden A21L amp, Naim CD5XS CDP, Chord Cobra3 I.C. ProAc Studio 130 speakers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts