How far apart are your speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Inspired by Halba's post "speaker angles" I've been playing with the toe in of my speakers and been pleasantly surprised. Everything seems a bit more pinned down in the sound stage rather than hovering vaguely in the middle. I'm using Eltax Monitor IIIs on Soundstyle Z2s. The blurb which came with the Eltaxs recommended a minimum distance between speakers (and therefore between speakers and listener, following the equilateral triangle rule) of 2 metres, which seemed quite a lot to me. How far apart do you guys have your speakers and how far away from them are you?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Mine is an equilateral triangle to the listening position and between the speakers. Not much toe-in as the Dalis I have recommend that they face straight, although I do have about a 5 degree just to slightly widen the sweetspot.

The sound seems to come right from the middle from where I sit. My 7 month old regularly looks at the middle and doesn't understand because there's noone there

A

Anonymous

i have a tape measure handy so i'll play. because i have my hi-fi setup in my bedroom i have limited options with speaker placement - as such they are 1.25m apart and the bulk of my listening is done from 2.8m away. they are angled in slighty. i know this doesnt conform to any of the recommendations but the sound i get from them does put a smile on my face! that said, when i can afford a dedicated listening room i will set them up "properly"

A

Anonymous

Mine are 2 metres apart, and the listening position is 3 metres way. That said my ceiling is very low (about two metres) and the wall behind the speakers and the wall behind the seating position is tapered inwards. Needlesss to say the accoustics in my room are pretty sh*tty and severely limit the experience.

Nevertheless, I like listening to my system alot. :)

A

Anonymous

mine are 1.75 metres apart. would like a bit more but room is only 3.5m wide by 5.5 deep and i dont want to put them too near the corners.I listen about 3 m away.

nads

[quote user="Jan Hibma"]Mine are 2 metres apart, and the listening position is 3 metres way. That said my ceiling is very low (about two metres) and the wall behind the speakers and the wall behind the seating position is tapered inwards. Needlesss to say the accoustics in my room are pretty sh*tty and severely limit the experience.

Nevertheless, I like listening to my system alot. :)[/quote]

can you not move then to the flat wall? you will see a big change, ask Mr Frog he has just done this.

A

Anonymous

I prefer to have the speakers further apart than my distance too them... just. So the back of my head is at the point of the triangle. Can't do that right now though, my hifi is still stuffed into an undersized bedroom awaiting new house..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts