How do you rate the NAD C352?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys in relation to for instance the Marantz PM 7001 KI I have heard it mentioned that although the NAD sounds very warm, musically concise and enjoyable the bass sounds hollow.

Similarly, I just wondered what your own experiences are? how does it compare to the CA 740, The Creek Evo, The Marantz mentioned above etc.

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
I have the standard PM7001 and the NAD,both are good but the Marantz sounds a touch cleaner and brighter. The bass tone control works better on the Marantz,turn the bass up on the NAD and it gets woolly and coloured,on the Marantz it gets more solid and punchy. Listening in direct mode the marantz has more presence with classical music.

A

Anonymous

Johnno to be honest mate, I find that using the bass and treble controls results in a poorer sound so it's really the direct mode comparison I am interested in
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

It does sound hollow. It's also a bit flat and lacking in detail in the midrange.

A

Anonymous

I rate the amp very highly, even now that I have moved on to more expensive kit. I sold it, complete with a NAD 542 CD player and EPOS M5 speakers to my folks, and despite owning kit twice as expensive, I enjoy listening to the warm, clean sound whenever I visit them. I am not left wanting for bass either, so I guess I wouldn't say it is hollow.

I thought it sounded great when watching movies, too.

I have not heard the Marantz, so can't directly compare that.

I agree that the tone controls 'muddy' the sound quality, though.

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't heard the CA amps or the KI version of my amp so I cant compare them to the Nad,I just prefere the Marantz sound,crisper and a little more bass control,but the Nad may sound better in a different setup, the Nad is non tiring thats a plus for it..As for its bass boost getting muddy when you increase it maybee its the fact it boost the 100hz signal. The Marantz boosts the 50hz region so not affecting the mid bass as much.Both are best in direct mode for good qaulity recordings but me being a non audiophile snob its fun to boost the bass now and again but thats a different subject !!

A

Anonymous

Lol you make an assumption that I am some kind of snob, tut tut, I am not, it's just to me it sounds worse when adjusting the tone controls whether that's treble or bass.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts