How do you keep your TV?

Ashley

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Whilst looking forward to the Euro finals this evening I found myself pondering how others keep their TV. The TV in our bedroom is atop a chest of draws, whilst the living room TV is on one of those black glass units with three shelves, one with the TV on and the other two with various AV related boxes.

Anyway, I was just wondering how you kept your TV? Do you to have it just on a unit with the boxes beneath? or perhaps yours is above one on the wall? Do you use a cantilever stand?

The reason I ask is my TV is in the corner of the room so can't be wall mounted, equally I live in rented accomodation so would be reluctant to ask the landlord.

Thanks in advance,

Ashley

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine was on a glass a/v rack, but is now on a tv lift that makes it disappear behind the rack- so that I could put everything in front of the living room window

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Picture paints 1,000 words etc

IMG_0148.jpg

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Mine is wall mounted with my centre speaker on a dedicated bracket beneath so that my AV rack is free to use all 3 shelves as i have alot of kit to fit onto it, btw you could wall mounted if you so wish as there are many brackets available with extending arms which could position your tv in the corner but wall mounted. I have a friend with a Samsung ES8000 LED TV that has done exactly that and although the bracket was not cheap it makes for a nice finish as it looks like the tv is floating in the corner of the room.

I completely understand your reluctance in your situation but thought it was worth mentioning that a solution is out there should you wish to wall mount in the future.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Nicely done Lee H, looks the biz! My next job is to hide all my cables but with no carpet and a laminate floor it's more of a job unfortunately and means running trunking around the skirting board and some up the wall for the rear speakers...i'm very jealous with how yours turned out.

TRENDING THREADS