How do the Creek Evos sound?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am considering the offer in superfi of Creek Evo ampd and CDP for 745. I have managed to listen ot an Audiolab setup (8000S and CDE) but they were a bit bright, I like my music laid back and warm.

I currently have NAD 352 and 542 and AE Aelite 2 speakers so would consider the Creeks as an upgrade. I have also hear cyrrus abnd they are not to my taste either. So, has anyone heard the evos and do you have an opinion before I search out somewhere for a demo?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
That's a good deal considering the original price was £1000 for the pair.

We tested them together back in January 2006, when we described them as offering precise detailed delivery. They're a gentler listen than the Cyrus', if less pacy and not such good all-rounders.

Definitely worth an audition - as is any four-star product.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I will seek out a demo. Do you think they will sit well with the Aelite 2's as my budget will be well and truly broken if I decide they are for me.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
They should be fine. The Aelite Twos aren't the most agile with low-frequencies, however, so they're not going to help the slightly mild Creeks' rock any harder. Make sure you're using decent stands/rack to wring the best tautness and low-end performance out of your system.

Enjoy!

A

Anonymous

The Creek Evos are superb,excellent value for money,great build quality personally i'd go for some epos 12.2 to match with them.

A

Anonymous

I'm afraid any speaker upgrade will have to wait for a bit. I have decent stands and I am running Chord carnival silver speaker wire and Van Den Hul The Name interconnects so I think I should be ok. Thanks again for the replies.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="silly"]The Creek Evos are superb,excellent value for money,great build quality personally i'd go for some epos 12.2 to match with them.[/quote]
yeb, apart from slightly forward treble but that only add to excitement unlike the older creek which a bit lacking in that department.

A

Anonymous

Hello I just wondered if you bought the Creek Evo yet and what do you think?

TRENDING THREADS