How do I iTunes to sort my comps in Numerical order

dx052

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a compilation of albums from vol 1 to 50 (think of the Now Series) and when I add the folder 1, 2, 3 etc for each album into Itunes it gets confused when I past album number 10. I want the lsit on Itunes to run the albums in series of numbers 1-50. Anyone know how to do this? been searching everywhere for the answer. many Thanks

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Yes, bulk edit the tracks so that the album title is in numerical order. Bulk edit to save time, select track 1 then holding 'Shift' select last track on album. Right click, select info and edit metadata for album title.

dx052

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I Think i am with you!! All my Metadata is already there. Each album is numbered Vol 1, vol 2 etc etc in the info section. when I add folder (vol number) 10 it places that album after number one instead of after number 9. Sounds confusing I know, but cant seem to suss it..

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
It's worth noting that there are many ways in which metadata can be sorted by iTunes or other media players and also, many different fields of information for the metadata. It takes time to get it just how you want, but it's worth the effort in the end.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Overdose said:
John Duncan said:
Volume 01, Volume 02, Volume 03... will fix it.

Yes, it probably would. My library however, doesn't exhibit this behaviour. Are you on Windows?

Not by default it wouldn't no, but you can rename the albums, Shirley?

I meant my library lists album 10 after 9 and not after 1. Are we talking crossed purposes here?

:?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts