How do i get sky in other rooms??

daveh75

Really depends on whether you want to be able to to watch different programes in different rooms or the same programes,how many rooms you want it in and the quality of the picture in each room.

If you go the multiroom subscription route it will cost you an extra £10 a month for each and every extra box plus the initial cost of each box

Woodruffe

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
We thought about the multiroom route but realised its very rare we want 2 different channels at the same time and with Sky+ we'd just record the other program anyway so we went down the video sender route. It allows sky in another room and then the BluRay or Xbox to be used in the 'main' room. If you go down this route though, a word of caution, I found the basic 2.4GHz senders you can buy anywhere are not very good and everything from wifi, cordless phones and micorwaves can interfere with them so I got a 5.8GHz sender from Maplins. It's cheaper then 'branded' 2.4 senders and there is no interference. Just a thought but probably cheaper than a years multiroom subscription in the long run.

Ben.

A

Anonymous

Hi Ipri,

If you just want Sky in one other room, you can buy a "magic eye" control (they're available from lots of sources, including major DIY retailers), and connect the other TV from the 9v output at the back of your Sky box (using good quality satellite cable), into the magic eye, and then into the RF (aerial) input of your second TV. The magic eye enables your remote to control all the functions of your Sky box from the room your second TV is in. I think it is even possible to route the feed into an aerial distribution amplifier for connection to multiple TVs (though you need to check it is compatible with the magic eye - some are not). In that case, you'd need a magic eye for each TV. The drawback is that you can only watch one channel at a time, so you can't have two different programmes on at the same time. Multiroom is the only option if you want that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts