how do i get dvd audio ripped to my itunes library?

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a dvd where i want the audio from it so i can listen to it on my itunes library. could anyone explain how i would do this? instead of starting a new thread would anyone know if it was possible to rip a high dynamic range lp record to my itunes library, i was the cd version of the same LP i want to rip but the dynamic range on the cd is terrible.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Both are possible but not straightforward.

You will need DVD ripping software that can extract the audio only and deal with any copycode issues. If you have a Mac computer with optical drive, MacX ripping software should do the trick. No idea what to use if you are using a PC.

Similarly ripping vinyl is simple in theory, not so easy in practice. Firstly you will need a good player, no point if you are using a budget player, the real advantages of quality vinyl will be lost.

You will need a phono stage with a usb output, something like a Rega Phono Mini or better, then have the appropriate software on your computer.

In the past I have used Exact Audio Copy to rip things not supported by iTunes, but this was some time ago, I would expect there are better options available now.

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
will do the trick, and something like Roxio Creator for capturing any line input audio in real time and saving it to a file format of your choice. I also use EAC its still pretty much the CD ripper. I'm not sure if they are available for Mac.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts