How do i connect up my system ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi , i am a bit of a home cinema novice . Tomorrow i will be taking delivery of a samsung 6 series 40" LCD and a Humax Foxsat HDR .

This is all my equipment that i want to connect up :

Mordaunt short alumini 3 lcr centre speaker

Mordaunt short alumini 9 sub

cambridge audio azure av reciever ( BTW i have already connected the speakers to the reciever)

PS3

Samsung LCD

Humax freesat HDR

So if somebody would tell me how i would go around connecting it all up and inform me on which cables i need that would be much appreciated :D

Chev :D

A

Anonymous

Easiest method I can see if

HDMI from PS3 to 340R

HDMI from Freesat to 340R

HDMI from 340R to TV.

Looking at the manual I don't think the 340R decodes auido from HDMI in which case you will need either an optical or co-axial cable from both PS3 and freesat to the 340R as well.

You will then to assign these in the 340 R settings.

Hope this helps.

Also, Are you only using a centre channel and a sub? No other speaker?

A

Anonymous

okay thanks alot :D

ermmm yeah for now , im sure i will invest in some more speakers in the future.

chev

A

Anonymous

Update, The PS3 can not use a co-axial cable, and I think the freesat doesn't either.

Use optical cables on both to be sure you are getting the correct sound.

A

Anonymous

cool :D ive had a quick look at the inputs on the amp and i couldnt see where the optical audio cables would go in ?

chev

A

Anonymous

At the top about half way along, there is a section labeled Digital Optical in, these are the connections you need and are small squares connections that don't protrude from the casing like most of the others.

A

Anonymous

okay nice one :D i am officially sorted knowledge-wise , thanks alot Dock :D

chev

daveh75

You're going to need front left and right speaker's for your set-up to work properly.The centre channel is mainly for dialogue and also centre effects etc. without front l+r speakers your gonna missing a big part of the sounds.

A

Anonymous

Your welcome Chev,

Daveh75 is right though, without support from at least left and right speakers you might find the sub sounding a bit strange and a lot of the sounds missing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts