How can I save my rotel 1062 from getting dust inside?

A

Anonymous

Ok. But what about inside? i dont want that the dust will cover all the circuit inside.

A

Anonymous

Well you couldn't turn it on, but thats the price you pay!

A

Anonymous

Just keep it covered with a suitable piece of cloth when it's not in use. That will keep it clean inside for years. I recently had the top off a 6 year old Cambridge amp that was spotless inside.

I may be wrong, but I would have thought that the heat generated by amps would create rising air, which would make it less likely for dust to settle in the internals when it is in use.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
A real idea? Instead of tackling the problem after it has happened, eliminate it before it does - air-condition your whole house. Should only cost a few grand. Job done.
emotion-21.gif

What?

A

Anonymous

A rack would be of some use (if you don't already have one). You could always write to Russ Andrews, i'm sure he could come up with something....................
Alternatively:

Moving as far away from Urban areas to avoid pollution will be of great benefit and with house prices as they're now y ou could have your solution for less than 200 grand. :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Why worry about something that probably never will cause a problem? The likelyhood that you drop the amp whilst cleaning, empty beer into it whilst drunk, short it whilst playing with cables, fry it in a thunderstorm or you yourself getting run over by the rush hour bus is probably greater. Enjoy
emotion-2.gif

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="drummerman"]
The likelyhood that you drop the amp whilst cleaning, empty beer into it whilst drunk, short it whilst playing with cables, fry it in a thunderstorm or you yourself getting run over by the rush hour bus is probably greater. Enjoy
emotion-2.gif

[/quote] crikey!!! bet your a right laugh at parties.........lol :)

A

Anonymous

It made me laugh. And yes I agree drummerman, It probably isn't worth worrying about to much. I just make sure not to put it anywhere where the dust may be excessive and do put it where it is well aeriated.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JAXON5"]A rack would be of some use (if you don't already have one). You could always write to Russ Andrews, i'm sure he could come up with something....................
Alternatively:

Moving as far away from Urban areas to avoid pollution will be of great benefit and with house prices as they're now y ou could have your solution for less than 200 grand. :)[/quote]

Now you're talkin'.
emotion-21.gif

What about dust mites. They eat dust don't they? Could you train some to patrol the top of your amp?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="professorhat"]Now that's an idea I can get onboard with. My own private army of dust mites to clean my flat while I'm at work...[/quote]

Hehe. Just make sure no one you invite round is asthmatic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts