How best to couple speakers to stands?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have been wondering what the best method of coupling standmount loudspeakers to their stands would be. It seems sensible that they transmit all the vibrations into the stands, but how best to do this? Has anyone any suggestions? Many thanks! zimble01

A

Anonymous

I just use bluetack. 4 pieces in a square pattern. Means it's impossible to fall off the stand too. This is in my opinion good enough.

The ideal solution i believe is to use something like pulsar points or spikes, but your stands will have to have small holes to fit them. My B&Ws came with some such spikes, but there's nothing at the bottom of the speaker to fit them to, so i'm a bit confused actually.

A

Anonymous

My B&W CM1 speakers have 4 M6 threaded aluminium bushes built into the base of them, I made a pair of 4mm plates with clearance holes that correspond with the threaded bushes in the base of the speakers, screwed the plates to the speakers and then bolted the plates to the speaker stand, I think this is an excellent idea,as the speakers and stands are as one and can never be dislodged by accident.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bluetorric"]
My B&W CM1 speakers have 4 M6 threaded aluminium bushes built into the base of them, I made a pair of 4mm plates with clearance holes that correspond with the threaded bushes in the base of the speakers, screwed the plates to the speakers and then bolted the plates to the speaker stand, I think this is an excellent idea,as the speakers and stands are as one and can never be dislodged by accident.

[/quote]

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but what cdp/amp are you using withthe CM1's?

A

Anonymous

Hi,I am using Arcam 75+ amplifier and Arcam CD72 CD player.

A

Anonymous

I use 4 pieces of blue tack as well. I've heard that 3 is worth a try as well.

I found I got a good improvement to the sound when I placed the stands on granite slabs as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts