How best can you record a digital radio station

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Many years ago, as a teenager, I was a big fan of Radio 1's in concert series. I would tape my favourite gigs on C60's or C90's and would play them until they wore out or snapped!

Things move on. In concert has moved to Radio 2 and now my teenage son is the real gigger in the house...

Anyway, he went to see the Script in Liverpool on Monday, and the concert will be on Radio 2 this Thursday.

The old tape deck is gathering dust in my loft, so I want to use my PC to capture this gig for posterity. Any suggestions on the best way of doing this?

iMark

There's a couple of options depending on the gear you have.

I sometimes us our Sony DVD/HDD recorder for recording FM. The Sony is connected to my stereo receiver. I can set the timer to record from Line In 4. I can transfer the music to my Mac buy burning a DVD. Only caveat is that the files are in AC3 and need converting first.

For recording digital streams over the internet I use Audio Hijack Pro on my Mac. Of course I can also use that software to record from the stereo receiver. I sometimes use that with my Griffin iMac, which basically is a USB sound card. Audio Hijack Pro comes with a timer too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts