Hope this is not a stupid Question But How do you make calls on android 4 g tablet??

norsk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
:oops: hello Everyone,

I really do hope this is not the daftest question?

My wife purchased for me a SONY Xperia 4g TABLET,I have just started playing with it,and whilst like most things it will take time to get used to,especially for old guys like me :dance:

I have read the Sony manuals over and over again? but I can find no reference to making calls anywhere? I maybe missing something? i don`t know.

I contacted SONY not for the first time,and oh my their Customer service is dirt poor,do not know if anyone else as suffered bad service at Sony? no wonder they are not a shadow of what they once were!

I know that to make calls I will require a Bluetooth head set/ear piece & that I can make SKYPE calls again through the headset and use the poor camera on the xperia;

Can anyone help me with this question,as I can find nothing on the tablet that leads to mobile phone useage? I did fit my new sim card in it so it`s the corret model

all the best Steve
smiley-laughing.gif

norsk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
:exmark: Hi There

Can not understand your reply? what do you mean i can`t make calls please explain.I did not say making calls from sim.just that i had put the sim card in tablet so must be able to use tablet to make calls through head set or why the sim??

regards Steve :help:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
What bigboss means is you can't use the mobile connection to make voice calls on tablets (usually, some of the smaller ones can do it but they're referred to as "phablets", for that reason), the SIM is there to provide a data connection, nothing else. Your only choice would be to use something like Skype bit that would be a data call, so if you don't have lots of free megabytes with that SIM it'll cost you a bit.

norsk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
:oops: I think the penny as just dropped :exmark:

If I understand it correctly??4g enables the user to have mobile data service,not just wifi?

Please have pity on me i`m an old guy who is lacking in much techno knowledge.

Just one question I have a mobile number for my tablet?? how does this work then?

I am set up for SKYPE but have not used it yet? and i noticed from your link that there are one or two other service providers

so now the question should be which is best..feedback very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Steve :cheers:

norsk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
:beer: The_Lhc

Many thanks for your reply, as you may have read the penny dropped ..am still trying to get my head around it though.

So I can not use the tablet as a mobile phone as such,and i just asked BigBoss why have I got a Mobile number for the tablet?

and how would I use that please

Regards Steve :cheers:

Paul.

norsk said:
:beer: The_Lhc

Many thanks for your reply, as you may have read the penny dropped ..am still trying to get my head around it though.

So I can not use the tablet as a mobile phone as such,and i just asked BigBoss why have I got a Mobile number for the tablet?

and how would I use that please

Regards Steve :cheers:

Unfortunately a data only SIM card does have a phone number, but your tarrif will have no minutes or call allowance attached to it. This is ideal for devices with no phone capabilities (like your tab), but the phone number is required to connect to the mobile data network for Internet stuff.

norsk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
:cheers: :beer: Hi Paul

can not hank you enough for your helpful reply, must admit trying to get my head around all this as not being easy,but as said earlier am getting there... slowly;

So it`s just a case of picking one of the Tel companies IE SKYPE e.t.c.

hopw I get more feedback on alternatives to SKYPE *(Nothing wrong with Skype must add)

all the best Steve :dance:

norsk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
:) Hi again

yep i have checked out the links to the alternatives to Skype,just thought their maybe others to consider

cheers steve :cheers:

norsk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
:cheers: Many thanks Big Boss

really good link which in turn lead to more good things Android.

I am understanding far more than i did only a few hours agao,so many thanks

Regards Steve :bounce:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts