Honestly, do you think Interconnects and Cables make a difference?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It's a load of marketing rubbish. People buying expensive power leads and cables really need to grow up. Even speaker wire cable makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. I'd challenge anyone to a blind test..with any amount of money on the table..

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Ollie.:It's a load of marketing rubbish. People buying expensive power leads and cables really need to grow up. Even speaker wire cable makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. I'd challenge anyone to a blind test..with any amount of money on the table..

You have no idea what you're talking about.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
Ollie.:It's a load of marketing rubbish. People buying expensive power leads and cables really need to grow up. Even speaker wire cable makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. I'd challenge anyone to a blind test..with any amount of money on the table..

You have no idea what you're talking about.

LOL.

A

Anonymous

If you don't believe it makes a difference, then you are certainly entitled to your own opinion on the matter.

Like JoelSim however, I DO!

A

Anonymous

igglebert:
bob_dylan.jpg

Well, I really don't hear a difference. It has been proven time and
time again that it's a load of baloney. I challenge you to a blind
test, with any amount of money on the table. What do you say?

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

Just out of interest, what sort of system do you have? Because if you can't hear any difference in cables, you either have an hite system or your deaf.

A

Anonymous

MattSPL:

Just out of interest, what sort of system do you have? Because if you can't hear any difference in cables, you either have an hite system or your deaf.

Why? I have an Arcam A85 amp, Arcam CD192 and Monitor Audio RS6's. No difference between £2 cables and £80 cables to my ears - none whatsoever..

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
maybe try through some more revealing kit? i thought the same as you until recently, maybe you need to grow up and stop posting unnecessarily aggressive posts.

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Ollie.:MattSPL:

Why? I have an Arcam A85 amp, Arcam CD192 and Monitor Audio RS6's. No difference between £2 cables and £80 cables to my ears - none whatsoever..

A high resolution system will show subtle changes in partnering equipment. Your A85 may be the culprit. Also, cables are expensive. You can buy cables for reasonable money, say £30-50, but you need to spend more to get big gains but need the system to match.

A

Anonymous

To be serious for a second Olli, fair play to you. If different cables don't make different noises to you then it makes the hifi hobby easier. Each to their own experiences. My other half couldn't tell the difference between my Monitor Audio RS1s and Spendor SA1s. Everybody has a different ear.

A

Anonymous

this is a joke ..................right.......anyway my post needs answering.....please help me match my Denon pma 250ii to some speakers which are crystal clear, detail and tight bass........ any suggestions around £300?

A

Anonymous

Craig M.:maybe try through some more revealing kit? i thought the same as you until recently, maybe you need to grow up and stop posting unnecessarily aggressive posts.

What's aggressive about my posts? Maybe you need to grow up and stop believing all the hype.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
that's better, much more mature.

and anyhow, what's it matter to you what i or anyone else believes?

be careful or i'll set the wererabbit on you. since i'm obviously childish.

A

Anonymous

igglebert:To be serious for a second Olli, fair play to you. If different cables don't make different noises to you then it makes the hifi hobby easier. Each to their own experiences. My other half couldn't tell the difference between my Monitor Audio RS1s and Spendor SA1s. Everybody has a different ear.

Cheers Iggy. I respect your view too..My sister has the MA RS1's and they're unreal..

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Ollie.:

Craig M.:maybe try through some more revealing kit? i thought the same as you until recently, maybe you need to grow up and stop posting unnecessarily aggressive posts.

What's aggressive about my posts? Maybe you need to grow up and stop believing all the hype.

Telling people to grow up and stop buyin power cables and challenging them to a duel is agressive.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, the RS1s are cracking for the money to be honest. They need smoothness and control though.

A

Anonymous

Ollie is correct I'm afraid. In ABX testing not one 'golden ear' has ever been able to identify between different cables or many other components for that matter. It is a marketing gold pot and people naively buy into it and waste their money needlessly, filling the pockets of the con men that perpetuate the lies. Longer lengths of cable will make a difference when you take into consideration resistance, inductance etc, but aside from that so long as a reasonable amount is spent, no difference. Peoples minds cannot be changed on a forum like this however, they will defend their beliefs religiously. To each his own, if I could afford expensive cabling then, to be fair, I would! lol

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Ollie.:
igglebert:To be serious for a second Olli, fair play to you. If different cables don't make different noises to you then it makes the hifi hobby easier. Each to their own experiences. My other half couldn't tell the difference between my Monitor Audio RS1s and Spendor SA1s. Everybody has a different ear.

Cheers Iggy. I respect your view too..My sister has the MA RS1's and they're unreal..

but iggys view is that they can make a difference, not the most consistent attacker of others opinions i've ever seen...

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
qube2:Ollie is correct I'm afraid. In ABX testing not one 'golden ear' has ever been able to identify between different cables or many other components for that matter. It is a marketing gold pot and people naively buy into it and waste their money needlessly, filling the pockets of the con men that perpetuate the lies. Longer lengths of cable will make a difference when you take into consideration resistance, inductance etc, but aside from that so long as a reasonable amount is spent, no difference. Peoples minds cannot be changed on a forum like this however, they will defend their beliefs religiously. To each his own, if I could afford expensive cabling then, to be fair, I would! lol

y'see ollie, that's how to do it. fair play to you.

A

Anonymous

MattSPL:Ollie.:

Telling people to grow up and stop buyin power cables and challenging them to a duel is agressive.

You don't think the companies marketing strategies are aggressive? Telling people to buy something that we all know makes absolutely no difference whatsoever?

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
qube2:Ollie is correct I'm afraid. In ABX testing not one 'golden ear' has ever been able to identify between different cables or many other components for that matter. It is a marketing gold pot and people naively buy into it and waste their money needlessly, filling the pockets of the con men that perpetuate the lies. Longer lengths of cable will make a difference when you take into consideration resistance, inductance etc, but aside from that so long as a reasonable amount is spent, no difference. Peoples minds cannot be changed on a forum like this however, they will defend their beliefs religiously. To each his own, if I could afford expensive cabling then, to be fair, I would! lol

So your trying to say that every reviewer and audiophile who buys cables is wrong?

Don't think so some how. I know my cd collection pretty well. Some cd's in particular ive listened to thousands of times at this stage. And i know when i hear some new inner detail on a disc id not heard before until i upgraded a particular cable or component.

A

Anonymous

Craig M.:Ollie.:

but iggys view is that they can make a difference, not the most consistent attacker of others opinions i've ever seen...

I can still respect another person's views without agreeing with them..

A

Anonymous

It makes me think of the whole Super Unleaded Petrol thing; possibly a bit misunderstood, a bit mis-marketed, a bit overpriced and probably not always used to the best effect.

Anyway, I'm going to park that thought as it's a whole new can of worms
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts