Homeplugs, they are still stuttering ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

I have went from 85mbps ones to 200mbps ones, both belkin, and the new ones have offered no difference to the 85mbps ones, they are still stuttering on 720p and 1080p content.

Have I got to update firmware or allow something on my firewall? Or do I need a better router, as I only have the one sky gave me, but PS3 is only G wireless anyway, so not sure if that would help?

It says they will stream HD on the box.

Thanks guys

Oh I use something called PS3 media server, is there something better?

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
You say PS3 is wireless G only but I thought you were hard wired into your router with the PS3. If you are streaming wirelessly through the PS3 ,then do not. It's wireless function is rubbish.

If you are hard wired to the PS3, you may have to check the continuity of all sockets and that they are all firmly wired up.How old is the circuitry/wiring/consumer unit ,and when was it last certified.

A

Anonymous

Hey, the house was fully refurbed by me and brother in law who is an electrician, this was done 3 years ago. its been fully re-wired.

I might try hard wire upstairs, will this help? maybe use CAT 5 or CAT 6 ethernet cable to upstairs and then put this in the router?

Or is it maybe the router thats causing this, or will that not matter, yes everything it hardwired, besides the homeplugs.

PS3 is connected to modem, and modem connected to homeplug downstairs.

then pc upstairs has homeplug,

Is there anyway of telling what speed I am getting from the homeplug?

Sorry for all the questions, just dont want to run wires upstairs

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
canada16:

Hey, the house was fully refurbed by me and brother in law who is an electrician, this was done 3 years ago. its been fully re-wired.

I might try hard wire upstairs, will this help? maybe use CAT 5 or CAT 6 ethernet cable to upstairs and then put this in the router?

Or is it maybe the router thats causing this, or will that not matter, yes everything it hardwired, besides the homeplugs.

PS3 is connected to modem, and modem connected to homeplug downstairs.

then pc upstairs has homeplug,

Is there anyway of telling what speed I am getting from the homeplug?

Sorry for all the questions, just dont want to run wires upstairs
If you plug directly into the router, does the picture still stutter? I doubt that the homeplugs are the problem.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
I doubt it is the homeplugs but the quickest way to find out is whip the pc downstairs and plug it straight into the router.If you are still getting it then look at the BT socket. Does it have any extensions linked into it.Disconnect these and try again.Also ,if you have a cordless phone into it/next to it ,disconnect that and try again.

A

Anonymous

I do have a cordless phone on the stand.

I guess I will have to take my pc downstairs... What a pain.

If it still stutters then any sugestions?

My wall socket does have a BT filter on it as well.

Thanks so much guys.

A

Anonymous

Just figured out the problem, it stutters on .MKV files, but doesnt on AVCHD M2TS files

Anyway of getting around this?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts