Home dac/amp ~100€

Sphyn0x

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I'm looking for some dac/amp for my AKG K242 headphones. I mostly listen to dnb and metal. Budget is around 100€. My favorites so far are udac3 and Hifidyi Sabre 2. Dac/amp must be available at some EU country, don't want to pay aditional taxes. Thanks.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Sphyn0x said:
Hello,

I'm looking for some dac/amp for my AKG K242 headphones. I mostly listen to dnb and metal. Budget is around 100€. My favorites so far are udac3 and Hifidyi Sabre 2. Dac/amp must be available at some EU country, don't want to pay aditional taxes. Thanks.

Those could be good choices. But I recommend the new DragonFly DACs - Red or Black, because they sound better.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Sphyn0x said:
Can that small box be really that better? I knew about dragonfly, just hate it looks like usb stick.

What surprised me was not just being better, but how much better. It's amazing. But make sure not to try with a very power-hungry headphone unless you add an amp.

Sphyn0x

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
dalethorn said:
Sphyn0x said:
Can that small box be really that better? I knew about dragonfly, just hate it looks like usb stick.

What surprised me was not just being better, but how much better. It's amazing. But make sure not to try with a very power-hungry headphone unless you add an amp.

Can you compare 1.2 and 1.5 Black?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I use this, I find it excellent

https://www.amazon.co.uk/M3-Powered-Headphone-Amplifier-Asynchronous/dp/B01C2OAANI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470125435&sr=8-1&keywords=smsl+m3

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Sphyn0x said:
dalethorn said:
Sphyn0x said:

I haven't done a formal review, but the quality, clarity, soundstage etc. is much better with the Black.

Sphyn0x

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
dalethorn said:
Sphyn0x said:
dalethorn said:
Sphyn0x said:

I haven't done a formal review, but the quality, clarity, soundstage etc. is much better with the Black.

Glad to hear, I'll probably buy it, thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts