Home Cinema Virgin

Alcimedes

Mar 17, 2008
Visit site
Recently got the 50" Pioneer Kuro and I have been enjoying Sky HD. So much for the vision, now I want to enjoy the sound. I am considering the KEF KHT 5005.2 wireless speaker package. Can anybody recommend a suitable Blu ray player? and I suppose I need a receiver? and what about connections? Thanks.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Wow, lots of options for that price! Can the rear speakers be wired and does it have to be a style package? If yes on both of these, I'd look into the B&W MT-30 package - excellent style package in my opinion. If you can go for traditional speakers, check out the Monitor Audio Silver RS1 or even RS6 AV packages. On the receiver side, got to recommend the Onkyo TX-SR875 or TX-NR905 if you fancy network capability. I'd also recommend auditioning the Denon AVR-3808.

Don't know much about the high end Blu-Ray players so I'll leave that one for someone else!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Alcimedes"]Thanks Professor. I will check out the receivers.

However, I was really hoping for wireless rear speakers.[/quote]

Then go for the KEF 5005 Wireless - it works really well. Or consider the KEF wireless add-on system, which is about £400, with whichever speaker package you'd like to use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts