Home cinema speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good evening,

I'm having trouble choosing speakers for my living room. I want to buy bookshelf speakers first with an AV receiver, and then in a few months complete with a pair of floor standing speakers, and the bookshelf ones will go to the rear.

I'm divided between B&W 686; Mission Mx1; Wharfedale diamond 10.1

I wanted your opinion about these speakers. What's the best pair, and what's the best in terms of quality-cost relation.

If you have some other speakers in mind to help me, please do.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

These will be more at the 686 price point, but the KEF Q100's are ideal for AV use. Their UniQ driver places effects more accurately than most traditional types of loudspeakers, and being a 'single point source' means you can sit as close to them as you like with no phasing issues or being aware of the treble being supplied by a different driver to the mid frequencies. They're quite a detailed speaker that produce a very three dimensional image - not something all speakers can do.

A

Anonymous

Thank you.. I never heard the KEF Q100 alive, and I honestly wanted to go to the other price point. Do you fancy something else? And what do you think about the Mission mx1 and the Wharfedale 10.1.

I'll see if I can find a shop that has the KEF Q100 speakers..

Thanks a lot

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The MX's will be about as good as you'll get for the money, but you can also consider the Monitor Audio Bronze BX2's, which are a little more of an even sounding loudspeaker. If you like bass, the Wharfedale might be right up your street.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts