Home Cinema Sound System (12 months later!)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a Sony KDL40X2000 TV with a Virgin HD Media box. Both work well and produce pretty good pictures. I have been looking for 12 months! for a home cinema sound system to go with the TV that not only looks pleasing on the eye (wife) but produces increadible sound from unitrusive speakers and not lots of heavy boxes of tricks plonked below the TV.

The room the system will go in to is 15' by 12', not exactly a cinema hence size matters with the system.

I would ideally like an all 'in one system' from an astetics point of view. Arcam Solo Movie 5.1 or the Naim NVI ticked all the boxes, until Blu Ray came along. Both seem a tad behind the times without a blu ray option especially at £2K-£3K a piece. If either of these companies is bring out such a system in the near future then someone let me know.

Then I see Sony has just launched a blu ray all in one system with speakers the BDV-IT1000. But no serious reviews as yet so not in any rush to make a hasty desiscion to buy, would love to hear comments or a review on this system and compare with my other thoughts on options below.

I am kind of stuck on two options if the Sony system doesn't measure up on the sound front. Option 1. BOWERS & WILKINS MT30, DENON 2809 & DENON 2500 BT. or Option 2 - B&W MT30, Pioneer SC-LX71 & Pioneer BDP- LX71A. Someone mentioned the ARCAM AVR600 and a forthcoming blu ray player although in a room this size I beleive it might be overkill. Your comments would be appreciated as I think I have run myself into a tiss on this one. HELP!

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Well i think it is fair to say you chosen 2 excellent systems, the MT30 speaker package is an Award winner, and will work very well with either set up, it is good you have picked 2 systems as you can get very frustrated looking at many systems, i would say stick with these, but if you can try and get a dem of both, as you have picked the speakers for both, it should not be to difficult to dem both Amp and blu-ray players, assuming you have a dealer near you. What i would say though is if you go the pioneer way the Pioneer FD-51 is a great player PQ and Sound play back are excellent and very good at CD as well, it is pretty much the LX-71 but with out a few fancy bits and peices [gold plated phono connections, touch sensor buttons]and can be had for around £325,also the denon 2500 can be had at a ood price as well, but as i said try and get to see and hear both systems, finally either system will be far better than an all in one set up.
Hope this helps a little

Andy

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. I will demo both options first hopefully later this week
emotion-2.gif

Streamer

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Edman - I have the MT-30 coupled with a Denon 3808 and would recommend the B&Ws to anyone! Discreet, superb sound and a beautiful sub - shop around and you can get a good deal too....

TRENDING THREADS