Home Cinema Setup in Bedroom

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

I am a newbie over here. I have two Home Cinema setups in Mind. Which one would be better for a bedroom :

Setup One :

1. LG 50PJ650 Plasma TV

2. Apple Mac Mini ( to be connected to the TV via HDMI )

3. Logitech Z-5500 5.1ch Speakers ( to be connected to the Apple Mac Mini via Optical + also to be connected to the PS3 via Optical )

4. Sony PS3 250GB

Setup Two :

1. Two Acer S243HL LCD Screens ( one for connecting to the PC, and the other for the PS3 )

2. Apple Mac Mini or An Assembled PC

3. Logitech Z-5500 5.1ch Speakers

4. Sony PS3 250GB

Regards

Vikram Singh

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who has some Logitech Z5500 speakers which are good value for £200 and go very very LOUD but they don't come close to the sound quality of proper hifi speakers. The bass is of the loud and boomy variety rather than tight and punchy and the satalites can sound a bit tiring after prolonged listening.

I've bought some Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speakers (£300) with a Yamaha RX-V365 500watt receiver (£100) for my PC which are in another league in terms of sound quality when compared to the Logitechs. The bass is much tighter and faster sounding. The midrange and treble sound much sweeter and far more detailed without any of the harshness that you can sometimes get with the Logitechs. And when it comes to the sound stage, well, the Q Acoustics are 1000% better with the sound coming from all directions around the room equally but with Logitechs you can tell the noise is only coming from the speakers with very little in between.

My friend is very jealous because my Q Acoustics look and sound so much better. The only area that the Logitechs beat them is in how much louder they go and the convienience of setting them up (the Q Acoustics need speaker cable and brackets/stands). They may cost twice as much but then they do sound twice as good! You owe it to yourself to give them both a listen and hear the difference for yourself before you buy the Logitechs .
emotion-1.gif

www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packag.es/q-acoustics/1010i-5.1/qaco-1010i-5.1-pack

www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv365/yama-rxv365-blk

www.whathifi.com/Review/Q-Acoustics-1010i-51/

A

Anonymous

For the price you would pay for a brand new Logitech Z5500 I would consider buying an entry level system with speakers such as the Q Acoustics 1000 series as they are leagues better than the logitech

I have the Z5500 and they are a good set of speakers and do go very, very loud! but the quality of the sound and indeed the bass isnt the best compared to a dedicated system.

Im sure richer sounds do a half decent system for £300 which is all seperates.

The Sony STRDH-800 can be picked up for as little as £200 and for £300 you could pickup the Q Acoustics 1000 series

This would be High Definition sound as opposed to the Z5500 DTS only setup

Im currently awaiting todays October issues of What-Hifi before I decide which £450 price point AV to go for. Onkyo 608, Denon 1911 or the Yamaha 667 (hope for a good review)

Below would be a better system than the Logitech Z5500 and is also DTS HD

http://www.froogle.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts3305/onky-hts3305-blk

A

Anonymous

Also i'd ditch the Mac Mini / Dedicated PC and get something alot quiter and cheaper such as the WDTV Live. With custom movie sheets it would be alot better and cheaper to run than a PC

It will play all movie formats and can pass through HD audio to the amp

WDTV Live Movie Sheets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVZ23bfUnfY&NR=1

Also, what is a 14 year old doing with a 50" TV and Surround Amp in their bedroom? pffft! Spoiled kids these days! i remember when i was 14 and i was glad to have a double decker VCR and a Space Helmet TV!

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
craigtumilty: Also, what is a 14 year old doing with a 50" TV and Surround Amp in their bedroom? pffft! Spoiled kids these days! i remember when i was 14 and i was glad to have a double decker VCR and a Space Helmet TV!

To craigtumilty - You had a double decker VCR! I was lucky to have a black and white TV and a record player with a single tinny built in speaker.
emotion-5.gif

To vikramsingh1996 - Why would you want 2 seperate monitors? There should be no problems with using both a PC and a PS3 on a single monitor or TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts