Home Cinema Recommendation

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

It is my father-in-laws 60'th birthday soon and we have all decided to buy him a surround sound system for his birthday. We want to spend around £300 for the kit, so at the minute we are looking at either

Panasonic SC-PT467EB - 5.1 ch - Wireless Home Cinema System - With Direct iPod Dock & 1080P Up-Conversion - Black

OR

Samsung HT-TX715T/XEU - 5.1 Channel 800 Watt Bluetooth 1080p Upscaling HDMI Home Cinema

Both from Amazon. Or is there anything else you can recommend, he has a Samsung Plasma TV and the DVD player he has is the Samsung DVD-HD870

Thanks

Kevin

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd give the Panasonic one an audition before buying - historically Panasonic make pretty bad HC units when it comes to sound quality and, since your father-in-law already has a DVD player, I'm guessing this is the most important aspect of the all-in-one you're going to get? (although the Panasonic SC-PT860 is an exception and in your price range)

Haven't seen the Samsung to comment, but I have seen a few of the Sony all-in-one systems at that price and they are very good for the price so I'd suggest a trip down to Currys / Comet to have a look at them and see what you think.

A

Anonymous

hmmm, that panasonic you linked does look nice and £260 in Dixons :)

A

Anonymous

hi, i have been looking at both these models, but have not seen any reviews, it would be nice if what hi fi could do some for us in that price range as most reviews i see are for the top end market and not many 5.1 home cinema systems. seen some cheap ones but are they cheap and nasty? cheers tiny tots

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts