Home cinema or separates Hi Fi for £1k?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am returned to this AV world having owned a reasonable separates hifi system whilst I was at school - long paper round. I am now looking to spend around £1000 on a new setup. I am looking to play music from my Ipod and from CD's.

The question I have is

Do I spend my £1000 on a separates HIFI or go for a separates home cinema system that I can play my music through as well?

If I was to go for a home cinema system the £1k would have to cover a speaker package and a receiver. I would add a DVD/Blue Ray player at extra expense.

If someone could advise me whether spending £1k on a home cinema setup will give me vastly reduced sound quality than spending it on a separtes hifi system comprising; speakers, amp and a cd player.

If a home cinema setup was going to give me vastly reduced sound quality how much would I need to spend on such a system to get the same quality as a £1k separates hifi system, or is this just not possible?

Any suggestions on setups as well would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

A

Anonymous

Seperates will always be best as easy to upgrade.

You can get a sony 800 or (pioneer VSX 819 with ipod function) amp for 200.00-250.00, wharfedale 9.1 for 99.00 per pair, and a subwoofer can be had, for a good one for 200-250 and a centre for 60.00

Thats what I did, but got Mourdaunt short alumni for rear.

1000.00 is a decent start up budget and you could easly put something together.

oh and a blu-ray for 80-100, unless you got a PS3

If you live near a Richer sounds, they have the 1010i speakers going for 39.99 per pair if they have any left and they are quite good, but not as good as the diamonds

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Most AV systems aren't going to match up to hi-fi separates as far as music performance is concerned. It really depends what your music/movie split is. If you're more into music, go with a hi-fi. If you're more into movies, go with an AV system. There will be a few combinations you can put together which won't be too bad as far as music is concerned. It's just down to how much you want to compromise on both sides, if at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts