Home cinema & music system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a home cinema system - (amp, blu-ray, speakers), budget around £1k.

The setup will mainly be using for Sky HD watching, limited blu-ray watching and also as a music playing system - which will include CD playing, but probably more via IPOD connection.

I'm keen for guidance on what setup can best handle both music and TV sound quality.

Having doing some research I'm contemplating the following:

Blu-ray: seems straight forward choice of Sony 370 or 570

Amp: Onkyo 608, Denon 1910 or 1911, or maybe the Sony 810. I've read the Onkyos are not always good for music quality, so am leaning towards the Denons for that reason.

Speakers: in the area I'd call "wife pleasers" I'd be looking at either the Boston Soundwares or possibly the Jamos. Otherwise the Q accoustics 1010s seem well recommended, or the Mordaunt Shorts Alumni. My question here is whether those smaller speakers can provide decent music playback.

So I'm maybe thinking Denon 1911 + Sony 570 with either the Bostons or Q Accoustics.

I've read it's better to get a seperate CD player. Given CD playing would be a smallish % of system use, and for space reasons, I'd rather avoid that option. I'd be willing to up the price of the Blu-ray player if that gives definite benefit in music play back.

All thoughts and comments welcome!

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

I have the exact same whishes and choice to make, so I am anxiously looking for any reccomendations on this topic :)

The shortlist i made - which might be useful to OT-poster as well:

£ Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1

£ Q Acoustics 2000 Series

£ Boston Acoustics Soundware XS

£ Teufel Motiv 3

£ Jamo A102HCS5

£ B&W MT-25

£ KEF KHT1005.2

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I would put the Monitor Audio vectors on your speaker list. 4 star whathifi review at £900 but you can get them alot cheaper than £900 here.

I believe yamaha are a good match with monitor audio so this amp would be good.

Would be slightly over budget. A cheaper different option could be this amp.

Or stick with the onkyo or denon choice, either way I would have the vectors at the top end of my short-list.

Sony Blu-ray player fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts