Home cinema / hi fi dilemma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I want to either buy a system suitable for both home cinema & music or otherwise buy an AV amp (maybe Sony 820) plus speakers (maybe Jamo A102)and then also buy something like a Denon DM37 with Tannoy F1.

Would anyone recommend this or would it be best to spend more on a better AV amp (maybe Yamaha 763) and speakers (maybe Q Acoustics 1010i) to do the job of both systems??

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Im not sure about the kit that you mention as i have no knowledge of it, but in hindsight (although it might well have costs me quite a bit more) i would have split the packages and bought seperate for music and for home cinema. Maybe an M&K M5 system for home cinema and then my neats for stereo music. Im not saying that the neat motive 5.1 system is not great for home cinema, but i would would like to get the best out of my neats with a great stereo amp for music. I guess i am being greedy and would like two systems to mess around with!!
emotion-15.gif

dont you just love 20 20 hindsight!!

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Following on from Big Chris you need to make sure your AV has pre-outs, the Sony 820 doesn't but the Yahama 763 does. If you need further guidance have a look at other posts on this subject or just shout.

A

Anonymous

Sorry bit of a novice - what would be the advantage of pre-outs?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
cb75:Sorry bit of a novice - what would be the advantage of pre-outs?

If your AV amp has Pre-outs, you can use these to feed to your hifi amp and then you only need 1 set of front speakers.

The same front speakeers serve you for Hifi and surround sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts