Im looking to buy a home cinema system for about 800-900,
ive done some research and have been recommended the yamaha ax763 as an
amplifier and the Mission M-cube speaker system. Could sumone please confirm if
this is a good buy, I really like the look of the speakers but don't know to
much about the amplifier.

Is it just for home cinema or for stereo also

A

Anonymous

just so i can hook up my tv, satelite, ps3, and dvd player, no stereo, hope that helps

A

Anonymous

I'd recommend the Yamaha Ax763 together with the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker package (both award winners). Creative Audio are doing a deal of £799 for the both and a free cable package worth £155. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Link: http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/HCS_YAM763_Q1000i.php

A

Anonymous

Also the Jamo @£250 - but available for less than £200 - again award winners.

A

Anonymous

Other than the yamaha is there another amplifier i could go for as ive read that it only has two hdmi

A

Anonymous

The Sony STRDA2400ES is reported to be a good amp (about £380 quid) in the same price bracket as the A763, or alternatively the Yamaha A863 (if you can afford to go for the upgrade).

A

Anonymous

Newhome:Other than the yamaha is there another amplifier i could go for as ive read that it only has two hdmi

The Sony STR-DA2400ES has 4 HDMI inputs. Or you could go for the Yamaha 863 but its a bit more expensive.

A

Anonymous

sorry to ask this again would two hdmi outputs be enough to run plasma, ps3, blueray, sateline on the amplifier or am i getting confused about how i should be wiring this, to be getting the sound from all my devises from the speakers.

A

Anonymous

I wondered how many HDMI inputs your TV had? It may be possible to route the PS3 and satellite into the TV and out from the TV to direct to the receiver via the HDMI.

A

Anonymous

Newhome:sorry to ask this again would two hdmi outputs be enough to run plasma, ps3, blueray, sateline on the amplifier or am i getting confused about how i should be wiring this, to be getting the sound from all my devises from the speakers.

I am sure someone correct me if I am wrong but you would need 3 inputs into your amp (PS3, bluray, satelite) and then one output to your plasma.
If you bought an amp with only two HDMI inputs you could (stating the obvious)unplug one of the inputs and juggle three devises amongst the 2 inputs depending on what you were using. Damned inconvenient though.
Another option would be to connect the PS3 via a different type of input - say, component video?
Hopefully someone with more info on this will comment.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Newhome:sorry to ask this again would two hdmi outputs be enough to run plasma, ps3, blueray, sateline on the amplifier or am i getting confused about how i should be wiring this, to be getting the sound from all my devises from the speakers.

Well you need to be sure you're not getting mixed up between HDMI inputs and outputs on your amp. The inputs are where you're plugging the PS3 and blu-ray into (and Sky normally, but I'll explain that below). The outputs are what you connect to the plasma screen (only one, usually).

So, you would connect the PS3 and blu-ray player into two of the INPUTS on your amp, then you would connect one OUTPUT to your plasma screen. So that just leaves Sky. Normally you would connect the HDMI (I assume this is SkyHD?) from the Sky box to the amplifier, but if you do this you won't get surround sound from Sky because the box doesn't pass it down the HDMI cable, only stereo. You need to connect the optical digital output from the Sky box to the amp to get surround sound.

What this means is, if your amp only has two HDMI inputs, you can connect the Sky HDMI directly to the plasma (assuming that your plasma screen has two HDMI inputs!), get the surround sound via the optical cable, and then use the two HDMI inputs on the amp for PS3 and blu-ray, problem solved.

Does that make sense?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
On your third post, you mentioned a PS3 and a DVD player rather than Blu-Ray player - what do you have exactly (manufactuer and model number of each component would be best)? Ideally, you want to plug all three components in assuming they all can be connected via HDMI as this will allow you to control both video and audio through your amp's remote control. However, if you do decide you want the Yamaha (which only has two HDMI inputs), we really need to know exactly what you have since the Blu-Ray and PS3 ideally want to be hooked into the amp via HDMI to get the ability to experience HD audio.

BTW - I would definitely look at the Onkyo TX-SR606 considering you have no requirements for music.

A

Anonymous

Hi, Thanks for all your replys

Equipment i have:

Samsung PS50C96HD - One HDMI output

Blu-ray player (just a basic one) connection via hdmi

PS3 player

Virgin box (pace 4000) no hdmi

The above are my main equipment i would like to have working, i also satelite reciver which is a TM1500 Ci+ (no hdmi)

What i would like to do is connect all these up to a amp, this is where im stuck i really like the look of the bose cube speakers (bose acumass 15) but ive been warned against these, my other option is the Mission Cube which i do like aswell but not asmuch as the bose (looks wise)

My real dilema is finding a suitable amp to get the above working in harmony, can you please help ? I can afford up to 300 pounds for an amp

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

i auditioned the bose am10 and the am15 along side the mission m-cubes,this was done on the denon amp and i was quite suprised with the out come. Being half the price of the am15 and nearly £150 cheaper than the am10 the m-cubes blew the bose away with sound quality!! This is just my opinion but i dont think bose is really all its cracked up to be, i spent alot of time reading reviews on the speaker packages and even found a page that stated you only hear 66% of the sound from a bose speaker. True or not true i''d recomend you take the test and book an audition!

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Hello

i auditioned the bose am10 and the am15 along side the mission m-cubes,this was done on the denon amp and i was quite suprised with the out come. Being half the price of the am15 and nearly £150 cheaper than the am10 the m-cubes blew the bose away with sound quality!! This is just my opinion but i dont think bose is really all its cracked up to be, i spent alot of time reading reviews on the speaker packages and even found a page that stated you only hear 66% of the sound from a bose speaker. True or not true i''d recomend you take the test and book an audition!

Panasonic th37px70b,denon avr1909,pioneer bdp51fd,ps3,mission m-cube,sky hd,qed ref hdmi,qed silver ref speaker cable,qed ref sub lead

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
With that budget, I think you'll struggle to find any of the amps mentioned so far - most have risen in price since Christmas. The main contender under £300 is the Sony STR-DG820, but this unfortunately doesn't offer upconversion. This isn't necessarily a show stopper, but it's a bit tricky to know if you can get this all working without knowing more details i.e. the Blu-Ray and PS3 will hook into the amp via HDMI, but I don't know what connections the Virgin box and TM1500 have - since no HDMI, do they have a component output? Or is it via Scart? And what audio outputs do these boxes have?

EDIT - okay, think I have found the TM1500 - looks like it has Scart output for video (which would go direct into the TV) and at best, possibly a digital coaxial output or at worst, stereo RCA outputs, either of which would go into the amp for sound. So it's just the Virgin box I'm unsure of.

A

Anonymous

thanks for your help so far, at the moment the TM1500 is connected via scart so is the Virgin box, there isnt any audio outputs, i think i could try and squeze up to £380 for a STRDA2400ES if you feel this is an ampliefier which can do everything i need, ive read up on it but dont seem to understand to much of the technical functions (upscaling, connection to pc etc)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well if both the TM1500 are connecting via Scart and the Virgin box has no audio outputs, the Sony STR-DG820 will do everything you need, just by hooking the PS3 and Blu-Ray player up via HDMI to the amp, and then connect the amp to the TV (also via HDMI). However, the STR-DA2400ES is a better amplifier so will provide a better sound. I can't tell you whether that's worth the extra money though as that's something only you can decide
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts