home cinema cable routing through brick

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i'm looking for advice on the best installation options.

Im wall mounting my 42" plasma above an open fireplace - although the chimney is operational we wont use it. Walls are brick. To the left as you look at the chimney is a bookcase and low cupboard which will house the subwoofer, receiver and components (dvd, apple tv & wii).

What do you suggest the best options for cabling. Ideally i would like to hide this in wall. In practive I guess this means drilling a route through the brick to behind the tv mount. Is this feasible? The fireplace is flush to the wall so would look unsightly to surface mount cables around it

Also, if this works should I look to feed all my connections directly through to the tv (2 hdmi, 2 scart + future proofing) or feed 1 hdmi cable from tv to a switcher in my cupboard. I can always replace the switcher later as scarts are replaced by hdmi.

A

Anonymous

ntaylor34:
What do you suggest the best options for cabling. Ideally i would like to hide this in wall. In practive I guess this means drilling a route through the brick to behind the tv mount. Is this feasible? The fireplace is flush to the wall so would look unsightly to surface mount cables around it

Drilling sideways through the breast, depending how far you need to drill, can be a bit tricky as the drill can easily go off course and break out inside the breast or between the telly and the edge of the breast. It's possible if you're handy with a drill... I've done it.

I'd run 1 HDMI and use a switcher/amp, as you won't drill a hole big enough to bung a scart plug down.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts