Home Cinema Black Speaker Cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know of any decent speaker cable in BLACK which seems rare without spending £15 per metre with Atlas. I only need up to 1 metre for my centre KEF 2005 speaker.......

A

Anonymous

Cheers for recommendation but not the greatest of cables if memory serves me.

Any one else with any other recommendations? May be worthy of a question in the next issue of the magazine........................

A

Anonymous

Cheers Andy, had a conversation with someone from my local dealer earlier who told me that strand 49 would do the job but it is datd and not very good. Am I really going to tell the difference if I used 1 metre of banana plugged strand 49 VS the same but Atlas Hyper 2.0 to my centre speaker only??? System used is Sony 2400ES amp and 2005.2 Kefs.

A

Anonymous

Sorry I mean 79 strand (if this is the better of the two QEDs)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, 79-strand is the better of the two. And I reckon for a couple of quid for a metre it's worth trying a hunk and seeing whether it'll do the job. I suspect it'll be fine...

The Atlas would IMO be overkill for the KEF speaker - what's the rest of the cabling?

A

Anonymous

Using QED Silver Micro Speaker Cable on the fronts and rears

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
What is wrong with the Van Damme stuff? It is thick, has good insulation and plenty of copper. What's not to like? !! Plenty of film studios, installers and recording studios use it.

A

Anonymous

Nothing wrong with the cable itself, just too thick to stick under my carpet

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
davies_1980:Using QED Silver Micro Speaker Cable on the fronts and rears

In which case the 79 will be fine. Or if you want to indulge in some faffage, you could use the Silver Micro and cover it in black heatshrink tubing such as that available from places like this.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:And of course the cable linked to is designed for interconnect duties, even for up to 64 channels, and not speakers

Thanks Andrew, Link Corrected.

To the OP, I thought you only wanted a 1m length? If it is to hide under the carpet, I would look at the Ixos 233 flat or if it is being run around the room, consider the Van Damme Hifi cable. Most cable will stick out when run under the carpet but I've used the Ixos stuff for a few years and it doesn't show up as much.

A

Anonymous

I know what you mean. I have the job next week of trying to put 3 metres of sub IXOS shielded cabe under the carpet! Hard task with the width of it although hoping that it is a job that can be sorted by cutting out a run of underlay and covering it with masking tape.............

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts