Home Cinema and Reasonable Stereo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello again,

I've already posted this question before but there are now more options so would apreaciate your advice :

Im not high end user , just love home cinema , concerts , music and all of this world ...

I have BW cm7 fronts / cmc and M1 rears - still have my old yamaha rx659 i want to upgrade it cause altough the sound is not that bad i know and fell that im not taking advatage of cm7 , nor giving what they deserve ... so in your opinion ... if you have

1000 to 1300 £ (Around this values) what AV Receiver could make the cm7 sing like they were supost to ?

What AV Receiver would you recomend for a good compromise home cinema and stereo (with cm7) ?

Thank you

A

Anonymous

i think you could get a yamaha z7 for £1300 , in the uk though ..

A

Anonymous

humm .. intersting . so you think z7 is the best partner for the cm7 ?

CM7:
Hello again,

I've already posted this question before but there are now more options so would apreaciate your advice :

Im not high end user , just love home cinema , concerts , music and all of this world ...

I have BW cm7 fronts / cmc and M1 rears - still have my old yamaha rx659 i want to upgrade it cause altough the sound is not that bad i know and fell that im not taking advatage of cm7 , nor giving what they deserve ... so in your opinion ... if you have

1000 to 1300 £ (Around this values) what AV Receiver could make the cm7 sing like they were supost to ?

What AV Receiver would you recomend for a good compromise home cinema and stereo (with cm7) ?

Thank you

Hi CM7

As has already been suggested Yamaha's DSP-Z7 will be ideal.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for answering my post ..

For me its very important to know your opinion ...

Im gonna check the prices of the z7 if i can get a good deal .

CM7:
Thank you all for answering my post ..

For me its very important to know your opinion ...

Im gonna check the prices of the z7 if i can get a good deal .

Hi CM7

Your welcome.

The DSP-Z7 is superb and is IMO the finest VFM AV amplifier currently available on the market.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hey CM7,

While i was auditioning, I heard the CM7 CMC2 and CM1 with the V3900, and that was very impressive, I can only imagine that the Z7 would be amazing.

Good luck.

A

Anonymous

So in your opinion it would be an excelent upgrade to my system and very noticeble to the ears , or just a sllitly diference in refinement ... in other other words - will this upgrade blows me way with the diference or just a little better ?

I'm asking this cause first we dont have a chance here to demo , test things before buying it , and a investment like this it has to be very worthy !

Thank you again

A

Anonymous

CM7:

So in your opinion it would be an excelent upgrade to my system and very noticeble to the ears , or just a sllitly diference in refinement ... in other other words - will this upgrade blows me way with the diference or just a little better ?

I'm asking this cause first we dont have a chance here to demo , test things before buying it , and a investment like this it has to be very worthy !

Thank you again

Another question - for the same speakers (cm7) what would do , play them better ?

1- yamaha z7 ?

2- pioneer lx 82 ?

CM7:CM7:

Thank you again

Another question - for the same speakers (cm7) what would do , play them better ?

1- yamaha z7 ?

2- pioneer lx 82 ?

Hi CM7

I would still recommend Yamaha's DSP-Z7 as it will be a far better tonal match with your spreakers.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Rick

Would you pair the Z7 with the B&W 683's also Over the Rotel 1550? Does it have more current and better preamp in your opinion.

thanks

A

Anonymous

try choose pioneer or denon receiver.....coz these brand can play music(smooth) and surround system well.....otherwise you must heard it for yourself...trust your ear not by recommend by another person....long time ago in 1997 i buy my first receiver by recommend...its a good amp..but doesnt mean its suit your ear(hearing)or your taste....as i says go and hear it for yourself.....dont want you to waste your money....ok buddy...hearing is believing....

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:CM7:CM7:

Thank you again

1- yamaha z7 ?

2- pioneer lx 82 ?

Hi CM7

I would still recommend Yamaha's DSP-Z7 as it will be a far better tonal match with your spreakers.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Well, I can only agree with Rick.

I have the B&W XT series, which should be quite similar in the sound to the CM series.

When I tested receivers for the speakers I didn't find any better match than Yamaha Z7. I have to add though, that I did not test Pioneer LX82 as this was not available at that time. I did test the Pioneer LX81 however, and I didn't like that combination.

But as always you really need to try out different combination for yourself as sound (I tend to say contrary to picture) are very personal and individual.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Also big point worth making is that if I'm not mistaken, CM7 lives on the continent (Portugal if my memory serves me correctly). Yamaha tunes their amps very differently for the UK market than they do for the rest of the world. The "warm" tonal balance that they are known for here is very different to the very (sometimes overly) "bright" characteristic of the same model amps they sell in the USA. Stocks sold on the continent may not be UK-Tuned and therefore may not be the pleasing combination with CM7's CM7s.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Well, I cannot say anything about Z7 in Portugal, but I can confirm however, that also in Denmark the Z7 have a warm tonal balance, expecially compared to the very bright Pioneers.

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Tom And Tuner,

I am in north america so I will have to have a listen. I hope they are tuned the same. Cross my fingers.

Boca:
Rick

Would you pair the Z7 with the B&W 683's also Over the Rotel 1550? Does it have more current and better preamp in your opinion.

thanks

Hi Boca

Yes, Yamaha's DSP-Z7 will work well with the 683's and i believe the DSP-Z7 overall is a superior product to the RSX1550. As i've said previously on many occassions IMO the DSP-Z7 is the finest VFM AV amplifier currently available on the market irrespective of price.

More importantly Boca the one thing which i have learnt over the years is that when it comes to AV amps in particular for me (i don't say this likely) Yamaha inspires confidence.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

thank again for your help (all of you)

I get that z7 is probably one of the best solution for my needs (able to put the cm7 on the right track) ..

But also as someone said before its better to demo before you buy it - yes - and i want to demo it with my speakers but theres not retailer here (that i know of) that gives you that oportunity to try a z7 or pio lx2 in hour home ...

So at this price tag you probably understand why i dont want to make any mistakes ...

also i want to make a buy that is suitable for cm9 to ... (if i upgrade latter im good with it )

If i had more hapiness (?) i know the diamond ladys that would be in my living room , but then the talk would be diferent ...

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:
Hi CM7

Your welcome.

Please let us know how you get on.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Thanks Rick I apreaciate the help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts