Home cinema amps with hdmi 2.0 pass through

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,

do we know of any reviews yet on home cinema amps that have pure 4k pass through with hdmi 2.0 at 60p rather than 30p?

cheers

rocket

T

theflyingwasp

I think there are a couple of 4k receivers floating about.im a tad frustrated by the whole thing at the moment.i have no plans to buy a 4K TV and there are no 4K Blu ray players but I don't want to spend £1500-£2000 on a high end receiver for it to be obsolete when 4K movies start to churn out.ok it may be quite a wait the way things are going but £2000 is a half decent holiday.

i think big boss and duaplex are in the same limbo situation aswell.in fact I think the retailer duaplex is buying his kit from has kindly gave him a loaner till later in the year.

had my heart set on the pioneer lx87 or the new anthem but with all this 2.0 spec I am just going to wait.

whats all this 4K pass through on 1080p receivers all about? Is it just like the HD Ready TV thing.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I think, although I could be completely wrong here :), that 1080p systems with 4k pass through only pass at 30p so I think is fine for blu rays when they come to it. It doesn't however pass 60p which is what tv broadcasters will use. So in effect you don't get full 4k from broadcast signals through a 4k hdmi 1.4 (or whatever the latest was before 2.0) amp.

hopefully that's correct :?

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Most of the big manufacturers this year will have HDMI 2.0 with 60fps passthrough. The Onkyo 636 which landed last week will do this already. Yamaha's new 677 & 777 will also do this but they wont be here for another few weeks.

TRENDING THREADS