Home cinema amp dilemma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been considering purchasing a new amp for some time now . my present amp the Yamaha DSP AZ2 is great but it lacks HDMI sockets on the back .

The amps i had in mind are the following

Yamaha RX-V1900

Yamaha RX-V2065

Sony STR-DA6400

My first question is that i've heard that some of the Yamaha amps have been affected by a loud poping sound comming from your speakers when you change dsp modes . Does anyone know if the 1900 has been affected? My second question is , how good is the Sony STR-DA6400. Again i've heard that the model below the5400 has been affected with problems whereby it swiches off and cannot be started again . I have now dicounted the 2065 after seeing the specs on a US web site , it looks to light weight to me. It is suuposed to be an improvement over the 1900 but weighs considerably less. As with a few of the latest Yamaha amps they don't appear to have the same quality as the older ones. I would be grateful if anyone has any comments on the above amps.

Simon

A

Anonymous

OMG. The Sony STR-DA6400ES it,s a far step up model from the others on your list. it,s probably the best av/receiver with in the price range of 1200-1800 pound .

as for performance and sound quality , i have the Sony STR-DA5400ES and it,s fully the same as the 6400es , the only dif. is that 6400es has more with internet streaming , but the performance and sound quality it,s amazing!!! , best i have heard at this price!

i have had it for allmost 3 month now , and didn,,t have any single issue what so ever!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts