Hom Cinema Amplifier

andywscott

Oct 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi I've just recently bought the Sony Bravia KDL40W4500/4710 LCD TV in December 2008 its paired with a denon 1930 DVD player with a QED HDMI cable I'm going to purchase one of the new Sony Blu-ray Disc Players when they come out in the next few months hopefully and I would like the B&W MT 30 speaker package with the PV1 Sub to go with it but I'm unsure of what av receiver I should be looking for I like the Yamaha RX-V1900 but feel it may be too powerful for the MT 30 package have you any suggestions your thoughts & help would be very much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy,

The Yamaha RX-V1900 sounds like a good choice indeed. No, it is not too powerful for the B&W MT30 speaker package. Do not read too much into specifications (especially when it comes to power out-puts; too little power is more likely to be detrimental than too much power. Besides, most movie soundtracks played at moderate volume levels will not result in the A/V Receiver pumping anywhere near its full-rated out-put. Plus, most A/V Receivers claim incredible power figures but in reality don't pump out that much power).

The MT30 is a very good compact 'style' loudspeaker package and I personally feel that the Yamaha RX-V1900 will power them very nicely.

Dan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts