Hobbit blu ray - annoying blue tint?

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Just been watching the blu ray of the hobbit. At the beginning when the dwarfs are in bilbo's hobbit hole (about 35 mins in), where the scene's are pretty dark, I seem to get a bue tint on the dark parts of the screen and on the clothing?? Has anyone else noticed this? I've re-run the iPad thx app to check tv settings and it seems ok. I've not noticed it the blu tint on other blu-rays??

Or could it be a setting tweak on the telly maybe??

Any feedback great fully received

kr

lxd55

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
:rofl: might be since that's the only scene so far I've noticed it.

it's really noticeable though. Once I've watched in full will revisit and see if adjusting settings can eliminate. But wanted to check on line in case other members had seen so would point to a disk issue???

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi BB, it's the 2d version, purchased from Tesco (bagged the points :))

didn't have time last night to check the settings, I did some searching though, appears there were green tint reports on the Lotr blu rays, but not clocked anything on hobbit?

:? Will investigate some more this evening.

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Some LCD "LED Backlit" TVs exhibit this problem in dark scenes. The white LEDS are in fact Blue with a phosphor which attempts to emit white light when excited by the blue LEDs. What you could be seeing is some blue spill from the LEDs.

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Prof, could be, though I've not noticed it before- but could be this particular blu ray exhibits it more with the settings I've applied??

Will be tweaking and comparing disks tonight.

kr

lxd

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Mm, strange indeed then. A warmer setting should help, but of course you will have to adjust for other films.

Have you tried lowering the brightness to see if the anomaly gets any worse or remains the same? Fingers crossed! :)

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Prof, BB,

tweaked a few settings, noticed the backlight was set to max. The thx app doesn't use this so got overlooked, think we upped the setting a few weeks ago when viewing photo's. So set it 60%. Picture was set to a warm2 mode, made it warm1.

upshot is the blu tint went away.

now here's the weird thing, to prove it was the settings that caused it I then return the settings back to what they were to re-introduce the blu tint....err no blu tint observed????

i've reset them back to the reduced settings anyhow.

upshot is the tint appears to have gone and the picture looks good :)

maybe telly having an off day yesterday :?

crackin film btw :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts