High quality Ipod dock - connections for a B&W A7 and alternatives

GS

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
I purchased a NAD Viso AP for my son but after a few problems have know returned it and am looking at alternatives around the £500 mark

The B&W A7 is available as a manufacturer refurb model at around that level but it has no usb connection for an ipod/iphone. My son is convinced that the usb connection on the NAD gave better sound than airplay which in anycase was slow and a bit buggy. The wifi in that room is pretty weak and there is no ethenet either

Am I right in thinking the 3.5mm input for the A7 would be lower quaility? What else should we consider - it will need good bass and a punchy sound as he listens mainly to dance music. He is also not keen on separate speakers as the unit does get moved from room to room. The Audiopro Allroom Air looks good in the What HiFi review - anyone heard one

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I would try and listen to them before purchase - I thought the B&Ws were a bit boomy. The bass seemed flabby and uncontrolled. Not heard the Audio Pro but my previous experience with them suggests a more controlled sound. Could also consider the upcoming Deepblue from Peachtree Audio, it's getting rave reviews elsewhere.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts