Hifi system for rock with phono and DAC - 2000£ max

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am looking for a good amplifier/cd/speakers combo to start my first real system, coupled with a pro-ject debut carbon. I was considering the marantz 6004 amp+cd but I've read here that the USB entry on the CD player doesn't support spotify properly.

What would be the best choice for such a combo considering that I need good DAC and phono support in the amp. I'm listening to rock mostly (most subgenres from 50s to punk to psychedelic to hard rock), soul, ska, etc. no jazz nor classic nor electronic music.

Budget is around 2000 for the full package. Also I'm open to something where I can directly use or add AirPlay in the future (network amp or Sonos to stream wirelessly)

Thanks!

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Really its best though, with such a healthy budget, to get round and hear as much kit as you can. Be that at shows, bake offs or dealers.

Denon PMA-2000AE could be worth a look, can pick them up for around £500 second hand, great phono (MM and MC) with plenty of inputs and enough power/current to power just about anything. Alternative to the Big Sony ES which are quite similar but being older (early 90's) can have some problems with ageing components, but they can be better value though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts