HIFI Racks Podium

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered one, 4 week wait for the standard Oak though, gone for 3 shelves with Oak legs - Gonna see how isolated it is then maybe invest in an isolation plinth for my TT.

Currentlly decorating the room where its all gonna be - whites walls, oak flooring (Yes I know, compromise here with the missus, but I have a big rug on order). Got 2 of those granite chopping boards to put my speakers on. Should be nice, clean & orderly when its finished.

Pics soon!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Got one, dont regret buying it for a second - lovely piece of furniture and I think sounded much better than the glass shelved Atacama av/tv unit all my gear was on before. Will get scrutinised for this comment, I use the top shelf for my centre speaker so the whole rack is also a speaker stand

I am thinking of buying a custom made oak section from them to place in an alcove shelf area to stand my new audio pc and accessories on, thats how much I like the Podium Ref :)

Best of luck, hope you enjoy

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Got one, dont regret buying it for a second - lovely piece of furniture and I think sounded much better than the glass shelved Atacama av/tv unit all my gear was on before. Will get scrutinised for this comment, I use the top shelf for my centre speaker so the whole rack is also a speaker stand

I have the Atacama AV rack......and your comment doesn't surprise me.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
If i was in the market for a rack, that would be the one......very nice indeed.

Yip , lovely jubbly. When I get the time ( and can be ars*d ) I'm going to make one. No problemo as I have a fully kitted out workshop in my barn.

Dont hold yer breath chaps , these things take time.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The rack is lovely and one I really fancied, but I couldn't bring myself to paying that much.

I got an arguably better one built to order for a lot less money.

Still nice though :)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
richardw42 said:
The rack is lovely and one I really fancied, but I couldn't bring myself to paying that much.

I got an arguably better one built to order for a lot less money.

Still nice though :)

funny I did ask a guy locally, showed him what I wanted but had to keep reminding him for quote 3/4 times, don't think he wanted the work to be honest!

Gone for 150mm height on shelves, The Elicit is 82mm but relies on the sides being open for cooling as this is where the heatsinks are!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Gone for 150mm height on shelves, The Elicit is 82mm but relies on the sides being open for cooling as this is where the heatsinksare!

Didnt think into the fucia* there did you Steve . Nay going to whack a nice valvey walvey amp in there mate :doh:

But of course you can always order longer leg spacer wotsits I spose.

* I'll give ye a month tops ,lol.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid said:
stevebrock said:
Gone for 150mm height on shelves, The Elicit is 82mm but relies on the sides being open for cooling as this is where the heatsinksare!

Didnt think into the fucia* there did you Steve . Nay going to whack a nice valvey walvey amp in there mate :doh:

But of course you can always order longer leg spacer wotsits I spose.

* I'll give ye a month tops ,lol.

if I was single mate, and had no toddlers running about the place then yes I would be looking at valve gear!

possibilty anyway as I might build an extension so I can have my Man Cave

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
ellisdj said:

I have the Atacama AV rack......and your comment doesn't surprise me.

I have read from a good source that wood is just as reflective on sound as glass in terms of acoustics

However I wanted as mimimum glass around my system as possible for the acosutics

Thats why I think it makes a difference - vibration also - a blind test proved that one to me.

I heard the new Bamboo atacama - didnt like the sound of a system component on that in that blind test - thats why bought the HiFi Racks even though atacama is the years award winner

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Lets have a rack war now that isacs thread has been locked.

I reckon frosted glass , or that ripply stuff you used to find on bog windows, would be better :grin:

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Total bull shine. Reason why , they aint made it yet. Plus Oak is so yesterday , Walnut is the way to go with Tulip wood legs.

Why did they name a rack after a ruddy desert ?. Nah not the Podium desert tother one.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Done a controlled blind test that proved the bull turd is coming from you - nothing constructive to say, why say anything at all

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Done a controlled blind test that proved the bull turd is coming from you - nothing constructive to say, why say anything at all

I thiink Floydy was having a laugh! Well I saw the funny side anyway!

mmmmm wonder how posts it will take to get this thread locked!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:

Jesus wept take a chill pill and read through the thread with a bit more care and attention.

Honestly some peeps on here react like you have called their missus a nasty name.

Its only bloody hifi for christs sakes .

Anyways re-read the thread sweetheart. I will send you a fully optimised dongle for your optimised pooter if you suss who the Bull shine was jokeingly aimed at.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid said:
CnoEvil said:
If i was in the market for a rack, that would be the one......very nice indeed.

Yip , lovely jubbly. When I get the time ( and can be ars*d ) I'm going to make one. No problemo as I have a fully kitted out workshop in my barn.

Dont hold yer breath chaps , these things take time.

It's as easy to make two, as it is one. :shifty:

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Of course theres always the chance ( make that odds on favourite ) that by the time I get around to it the timber will come in handy for a couple of coffins.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid said:
Of course theres always the chance ( make that odds on favourite ) that by the time I get around to it the timber will come in handy for a couple of coffins.

I don't mind being burried in a hifi rack. :twisted:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts