hifi newbie .... stuck with amplifier modes

vchalk

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
hello hifiers

I love my music and was completely happy with my ipod/ihpone/spotify and headphones until 1 day I heard some B&W speakers, cant remember the model but was simply blown away!

so tats was it.. gave my ipods to my lilltle bro and bought my first set of DALI concept 6 floor speakers b @ 7 years old ,not very expensive at 300 $$ but I was promised they are good :) n got complimentary sony str de 375 amplifier + cables so I guess a good deal!

As this was my first buy so may be I was cautious and didnt want to spend too much.

all cables plugged in and sounds good enough so far but I 'm struggling witht he diff modes and cant seem to play both speakers though other 1 seems like playing at a very low vol.

tested both speakers individually and both work so I guess its my lack of knowledge of amplifier n its modes

can someone please help me to sort this out and get both speakers play together.

cheers!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It's nothing to do with any modes on the receiver, ideally for music you wouldn't use them at all, if you're not hearing music through both speakers and you're sure they both work (how did you test by the way) then you're either wiring them up wrong or there's a problem with the amplifier.

You have checked you haven't got the balance switched entirely to one side or anything like that right?

vchalk

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
thanks mate for the reply.

I hear normal sound from 1 speaker and quite low sound from another

well ..I dont see any kind of balance controls on the amp, chk the attached image

I connectedc the 2 speakers to Front L/R of amp and thats it, guess its not complicated ?

sony%20str-de375%20pilot%203.jpg

133-1716-thickbox.jpg

vchalk said:
Tried that but still left channel is not loud enough as the right channel. Any other ideas please ?

Instead of Front left and right connect speakers to Surround left and right. Does problem still exist?

Factory reset everything by powereing off then power up holding in the power button for more than 5 seconds.

It does have a balance set-up (if you don't have a manual suggest you download one from Sony website) it's on page 10.

Basically:- Press LEVEL or MAIN MENU on remote and repeat until LEVEL indicator lights up. Press MENU < or > until BALANCE appears on display. Press MENU + or - to adjust balance.

Hope this helps and remember manuals for most older kit can usually be found somewhere on the net.. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts