HIFI budget- £750. Suggestions please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am new to the HiFi world and I am keen to get a good set of speakers,cables,stereo amp and Cd player for an overall budget of £750. I would like to get suggestions regarding this. I have a most of my songs in my creative player (similar to Ipod) which has an earphone jack and wonder if I really need to have a CD player to have good quality sound or can I put that money in the amp. Are there any amps which are good for it. Thankyou for any suggestions.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Even a budget CD player will wipe the floor with your Creative, but many people are satisfied with MP3 and good luck to them.

Personally i would go 2nd hand with your budget, but if not then Cambridge Audio and Marantz appear to be the best choices with some Epos M5 speakers.

A

Anonymous

Second hand for sure. You can plug your thing into any amp with a stereo mini to phono plug Y-Cable, but like was said, MP3 just isn't all there.

Also suggest DIY cables, big time for your budget.

I love my shoelace specials.

John Duncan

750 quid will get you a good system, whichever way you go - check out both Richer Sounds and Superfi's package deals for NAD and Cambridge (whilst I love Cambridge, I think some of the NAD deals are better value), and add a good quality lead for attaching your player.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm with John on this one. Whilst you can get more for your money second-hand (and I personally love dabbling in the ebay market!), there is the potential to spend your £750 on a collection of pups!

The Superfi deals at the moment are cracking... at just a hair's width over your budget, they have:

NAD C542 CD & C352CT AMP & EPOS M5 SPEAKERS SYSTEM SIZZLER

All for £779...cracking system...

John Duncan

[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]I'm with John on this one. Whilst you can get more for your money second-hand (and I personally love dabbling in the ebay market!), there is the potential to spend your £750 on a collection of pups!

The Superfi deals at the moment are cracking... at just a hair's width over your budget, they have:

NAD C542 CD & C352CT AMP & EPOS M5 SPEAKERS SYSTEM SIZZLER

All for £779...cracking system...
[/quote]

That's the fella, very nice. The Richer Sounds Hifi System 4 is also good value, and cheaper.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'm sure if you went to Richer Sounds and asked if you could add say £150 on top of system 4 to get the Mordant Short speakers in the next system up, instead of the CA speakers, they would do a deal.

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
I couldn't disagree with the advice you've been given here - all good. However, I would say to you to be cautious with second hand nad products. Great products, however they do have a tendancy to break!

John Duncan

I'd be cautious of second-hand stuff full-stop, as a first-timer. Pick one lemon and you'll be going "is this it?". Buy new first time so that you know you have a sorted system, then upgrade judiciously one piece at a time.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'd go for the NAD CDP and Amp combo from Superfi over the C/A combo from Richer Sounds any time. But, as said before, i wouldnt go fo the Epos speakers.

There are better out on the market for the same money or a little more. B&W, Monitor Audio

John Duncan

[quote user="d_a_n1979"]I'd go for the NAD CDP and Amp combo from Superfi over the C/A combo from Richer Sounds any time. But, as said before, i wouldnt go fo the Epos speakers.

There are better out on the market for the same money or a little more. B&W, Monitor Audio[/quote]
Yes, me too - I may have said earlier that I'd go slightly easier on the CD player and amp (still within the NAD range, if you're in Superfi), and go heavier on the speakers, within your 750. Not that I object to Epos, per se, I'd just try and get a better one than included in that package.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts