Marantz SA 11 S1

Marantz PM11 S1

Wilson Benesch Arc

Does anyone have any views on this?

Cheers

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, sell the Wilson Benesch speakers and get something better - I have not yet heard a pair that weren't bright and horribly thin sounding, and that goes right up to their top of the range speakers. The Marantz kit is very commendable though, it should give you many years of serious music enjoyment.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Tear Drop:Hmm, sell the Wilson Benesch speakers and get something better - I have not yet heard a pair that weren't bright and horribly thin sounding, and that goes right up to their top of the range speakers
I can't let that pass, Tear Drop - WB Arcs, Square Ones, Square Twos, Discoverys (Discoveries?) are all among the best around at the respective prices. They're clean, authoritative and highly revealing designs.ÿ
The Square Twos won a Best Buy Award last year, and that sort recognition doesn't visit 'bright, horribly thin-sounding' speakers. Ask sonicaccuracyisall, he'll tell you...ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Tear Drop:Hmm, sell the Wilson Benesch speakers and get something better - I have not yet heard a pair that weren't bright and horribly thin sounding, and that goes right up to their top of the range speakers. The Marantz kit is very commendable though, it should give you many years of serious music enjoyment.

Can't agree with that. The WB speakers I heard at last year's WHF show were the best speakers there.

A

Anonymous

You are very fortunate indeed. Those speakers are out of this world. Enjoy every minute of them.

A

Anonymous

Having read through the entire thread I can't help but feel the responses lean a certain way... I think OP gets the idea.

A

Anonymous

I really didn't get on with the Square Ones, they should've been like the Square Two's with less bass. Unfortunately not so. Square Two's were fantastic with nicely recorded music, one of the best speakers I've heard this side of £3k, but try something which lacks hi-fi finesse and they just don't sound involving. I can't say I've heard the more expensive models in depth, so I'll not pass judgement on those.

A

Anonymous

4LKN4:I agree about the Square Ones. They should just be Square Two's with less bass. Unfortunately not so. Square Two's were fantastic with nicely recorded music, one of the best speakers I've heard this side of £3k, but try something which lacks hi-fi finesse and they just don't sound involving. I can't say I've heard the more expensive models in depth, so I'll not pass judgement on those.

What do you agree with the Square Ones, that they're good, as only mentioned by Simon?ÿ

A

Anonymous

4LKN4: I can't say I've heard the more expensive models in depth, so I'll not pass judgement on those.

dont let that stop you!!! you didnt know anything about the WHF demo rooms or reviewing process...

A

Anonymous

Well I've had the system for a week now, I thought i'd better give it some time before I posted a view. Basically I am astonished at the sounds that I hear - especially the speakers, so full and wide from something so small! Can't believe my luck, result!

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Other stuff that came with it

TCI Balanced inter connects

Chord Odyssey 4 Speaker cables

TRENDING THREADS