Hi-Fi scratch OCD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone here get really OCD about the condition of their hi-fi? (and stuff in general) I must be crazy or something but I found one tiny (and I mean tiny) little nick on my amp and it really bugs me. I don't think I used to be like this but over the last few years I always find myself inspecting my kit to make sure it's all in perfect condition. No idea why as any normal person would be hard pushed to notice it without explicitly pointing it out!

Is it just me or are there any other crazies like me out there. The missus finds it highly amusing and asks me "Are you going into overload again" lol. I even laugh at myself.... *sigh*

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I think you're in good company my friend.

As a breed, if were not obsessing about our kit then were argueing about it (or replacing it unnecessarily)......who else in their right mind, would care enough, in the grand scheme of things, to fight about a length of copper! :D

A

Anonymous

It's not good is it.... :S It seems no matter how careful I am something eventually will get scratched. Damn my broken mind!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have sold 4 items of Naim equipment this year.

I got excellent money for all of it because I had exercised care when using it. It was all unmarked.

The LCD display on the CD5i player had 'bled' slightly so I sent it off via my dealer (under guarantee still) to Naim and waited over 2 weeks whilst they replaced the LCD display with a brand new one before selling it.

That is where the care pays off. If my Naim equipment had been marked in any way then I could have lost a lot of money or risked negative feedback.

A

Anonymous

Chebby - all of my kit is in mint condition aside from the one tiny tiny tiny nick on my amp (it look like a speck of dust on the top edge of the amp). I don't believe that I did it - no idea how it got there actually. Unless you checked it with a fine tooth comb you wouldn't know it was there.

I know how to take care of stuff, but sometimes it's out of your control. My B&W 685's for example are 2.5 years old and are in factory new condition. Meh.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Not just hifi either.

I've had this camera 31 years (since my wife and I went on our first holiday together). It has never needed repair or servicing and the last time I ran a roll of film through it it worked perfectly...

2211302771_c44357c482.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts