hi-fi quality iPod Dock with remote control, anybody got recommendations?

Crashhot

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
thing is, I am a valve addict , I know solid-state is useful, reliable, inexpensive & reasonably okay sounding but, for me at least, it just doesn't cut the mustard for anything other than AV & mobile equipment like iPod.

anyway, that brings me around to why I am asking the question in the title, I like my iPod and it's convenient and I don't have (currently) the opportunity to set up a media server kind of setup to stream media direct to my valve hi-fi.

I have been experimenting with a dock (cheap, eBay, nothing serious) and I have decided that I need to take the plunge and get a serious hi-fi dock to go with my very expensive gear.

What I found online that initially seemed perfect was the Wadia 170 iTransport, it seems like an excellent bit of kit as it takes direct from the digital and bypasses the (largely second rate) Dac in the iPod itself. It also gets rid of the major problem I found with my cheap dock which is the distinct lack of volume, I have to overdrive my amplifiers so badly just to get normal sound levels from it that I'm really worried to do so on a regular basis. The other significant problem for me is that I found out that you can't access the menu functions from the remote control (which is essential for me as I can't access this equipment all the time from where it needs to be positioned).

Can anybody help me with suggestions for something that is excellent hi-fi quality, comes with a fully functioning remote control to operate the iPod and makes it so that the output is audible for human beings to listen to and enjoy?

Thank you in advance guys.

Crashhot

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
the wadia is excellent and i would say only thing worth buying if you have a good dac to take advatage of that digital signal - i know you said you were worried about control but two things to remember stick it on shuffle will play for weeks or organise what you want to listen too for the day into a playlist - you can use the remote to skip tracks, pause ect

to be honest i just stick mine on shuffle and leave it!!!

Crashhot

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
There must be something this good with a remote control that accesses the menu?

Shuffle is okay most of the time but it's a bit indecent to spend this much money and not be able to pick exactly what you want on occasion don't you think?

anyway, I've got so much music that it can be really eclectic, sometimes that is good but not every time!
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS