HI FI (Plu.....) review of Bryston cd-1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Happy Bank Holiday weekend all. Did anyone read the review of Brystons CD-1 in hifi (Plob) issue 56??? was interested in what they had to say having read Alan Sircoms review of Accustic Arts Drive 1 Mk2. There was something he mentioned about high end players being mostly in the 'accurate but dull or entertaining but-wrong camps' Thanks

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JAXON5"]
Happy Bank Holiday weekend all. Did anyone read the review of Brystons CD-1 in hifi (Plob) issue 56??? was interested in what they had to say having read Alan Sircoms review of Accustic Arts Drive 1 Mk2. There was something he mentioned about high end players being mostly in the 'accurate but dull or entertaining but-wrong camps' Thanks
[/quote]

Same as 'non-high end' players. Its all about compromise no matter what the price.

A

Anonymous

Point taken DM. He did mention the Accustic Arts Drive 1 MK2 was one of the very few exceptions where a CDP could combine the precision/ exactness with the musicality of more beat oriented designs (his words more or less ). So was wondering which camp the Bryston fell under. Detailed but less involving i'm guessing. Was just interested because at that price point i'd want both high detail and entertainment in spades!!! So far from what i've read (not enough i'm sure) only a handful of players at this price point manage this ( The aforementioned, Densen Beat 400xs, Audionet art v2 and a few others). I guess its what you prefer in terms of overall sound, but compromise is not necessarily the default end result. (i am an optimist after all).

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Of course I could refer you to our review of the Bryston in our May issue (five stars; versatile and involving) or indeed the test of the Accustic Arts Drive 1 Mk2 in our current, June issue (four stars; just lacking the verve of the best at this price)....

...but i'm afraid i'm too busy drawing up an invoice to Hi-fi + for hosting a discussion of their reviews
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Of course I could refer you to our review of the Bryston in our May issue (five stars; versatile and involving) or indeed the test of the Accustic Arts Drive 1 Mk2 in our current, June issue (four stars; just lacking the verve of the best at this price)....

...but i'm afraid i'm too busy drawing up an invoice to Hi-fi + for hosting a discussion of their reviews
emotion-5.gif

[/quote]

Whoops. Don't i feel like a prat now :-(

i'll errr go back and hide underneath the sofa. :-(

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Indeed yes, but they have the internet here in Cornwall now. Whatever next? Running water and electricity?
[/quote]

Development in reverse i see. are u suggesting your hosts are backward?? ; - )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts