Hi All. New Member from Maidenhead

ksoundwerx

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello HiFi fans.

Just thought it courteous to drop a quick 'hello' and to introduce myself and my reasons for signing up to the forum - which has been a source of much useful information over the years: Google search often throws up interesting threads from this place when I've been researching various equipment or HiFi/AVR topics. The forum appears to have a very friendly and knowledgeable community. :)

My name's Keith, I'm 29 (30 next week, gulp), an electrical Engineer at Heathrow and recently married my wife last year. I'm well used to using forums, although this is my first non-car based community I've signed up too - my other main passions alongside my music is my car (M3), my sneaker collection and cooking.

I've long been a fan of hi-quality HiFi, since I was 13 in fact, when I bought myself a second hand Marantz amp to use with new my belt driven turntables, ortofon cartridges and set of KEF Coda 7s with QED cable. The local Hifi store became the focus of my dreams!

At 18 when my vinyl collection had grown considerably I saved up and upgraded to Technics 1200 mk.2s (currently boxed in the loft still as-new in original packaging due to space restriction) and a Pioneer separates system. I complimented these with some B&W 601 S1s. Later B&W 601S2s whih I still use.

More recently I have purchased a Ue46ES6900 Samsung TV and Denon AVR2113. Although I like film, I'm no AVR pervert (my perversion is firmly music based) so the Denon suits my relatively simple AVR needs well.

My HiFI is kept separate from my AVR side, using a Marantz CD6004 and PM7004 for amplification. I retain the use of my B&Ws via a Beresford TC7220 Audio Router.

Final additions I would like to make in the near future are to upgrade to some well-kept second hand 603 s3. That should do me for the next 15 years.

I look forward to chatting and tapping into your wealth of knowledge.

Keith

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
ksoundwerx said:
At 18 when my vinyl collection had grown considerably I saved up and upgraded to Technics 1200 mk.2s (currently boxed in the loft still as-new in original packaging due to space restriction)...

Hello Keith.

That's about £600 per deck on ebay in the condition you describe.

I would sell one and spend the money on modifying the other (Origin Live Rega arm mount and Rega or OL arm + good cartridge & good phono-stage plus a good wall-mount to keep things tidy and get the best resistance from vibration.)

Or flog both and go mad with your £1200 with these guys...

http://www.inspirehifi.co.uk/

ksoundwerx

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Relocated - Thanks for the warm welcome :wave:

chebby said:
ksoundwerx said:
At 18 when my vinyl collection had grown considerably I saved up and upgraded to Technics 1200 mk.2s (currently boxed in the loft still as-new in original packaging due to space restriction)...

Hello Keith.

That's about £600 per deck on ebay in the condition you describe.

I would sell one and spend the money on modifying the other (Origin Live Rega arm mount and Rega or OL arm + good cartridge & good phono-stage plus a good wall-mount to keep things tidy and get the best resistance from vibration.)

Or flog both and go mad with your £1200 with these guys...

http://www.inspirehifi.co.uk/

Hi Chebby,

Wow, really :eek:? I had no idea. I know the Mk2s were/are revered as the iconic Technics turntable, but had no idea they had shot up in value so much. As much as I could easily find ways to spend the money, there is no way I'd ever sell them. They are in safe keeping (in there original boxes with manuals too!) for when I eventually move into a house with more space. Then I will have a dedicated room for them where my friends and I can use them as intended!

Thanks for the info though :beer:

ksoundwerx

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Haha.

My three favourite things in the world are music, sneakers and large-capacity naturally-aspirated petrol cars... Anything else is just filler :cheers:

Most recently bought these 'Made in USA' NB 1300s... Super-fly :rockout:
IMG_1121_zpsfc3d3e3c.jpg

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
ksoundwerx said:
Haha.

My three favourite things in the world are music, sneakers and large-capacity naturally-aspirated petrol cars... Anything else is just filler :cheers:

Most recently bought these 'Made in USA' NB 1300s... Super-fly :rockout:
IMG_1121_zpsfc3d3e3c.jpg

Your Flashmob just called...... They want their trainers back. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts