Here's an excellent best-of-both-worlds system combining vinyl and streaming

Dave_Muzza

Jul 30, 2020
Visit site
Wow - Jonathan, Iv been pondering the Linton's + Elex-R pairing for a while now. So amazing article.

It seems like once both broken in its a match made in heaven. I currently own the Linton's (a very proud owner - they are absolutely amazing speakers) being powered by a Yamaha AS-301, however I feel like the combo lacks punch. I have been looking at many amps and top of my list is the Rega Elex-R(Second CXA81). Do you think adding the Elex will take my system to the next level --- Its hard to know -- I am keen to set up a very musical system, that gets the party started :) (PS: DAC is Schiit Modius)

Looking forward to some excellent thoughts, and great comments on this post!

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
*IF* I was in the market today for a streamer device I would opt for something with Roon comparability, and the ability to decode DSD64 as a minimum. DSD, via Roon, makes locally stored CD rips sound out of this world, even as good as a PCM HD stream. I have a NUC, running Roon, connected to a March DAC, playing in DSD256, that knocks the Linn Sondek Majik into third place, my 35 year old PT is 2nd place!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts